Quarterbacks in the '11 Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Jan 4, 2011.

?
  1. Andy Dalton

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. Pat Devlin

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  3. Blaine Gabbert

9 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Colin Kaepernick

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  5. Jake Locker

18 vote(s)
    24.0%
  6. Ryan Mallett

22 vote(s)
    29.3%
  7. Cameron Newton

11 vote(s)
    14.7%
  8. Christian Ponder

8 vote(s)
    10.7%
  9. Ricky Stanzi

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

There are a ton of QB prospects this year. I did not include Andrew Luck, because we have maybe .001% chance of getting him.

Heres the options (in alphabetical order):

• Andy Dalton
    • Pat Devlin
    • Blaine Gabbert*
    • Colin Kaepernick
    • Jake Locker
    • Ryan Mallett*
    • Cameron Newton*
    • Christian Ponder
    • Ricky Stanzi
    *= Underclassmen

So the question is.. which QB do you like that most and want the Titans to take? and in what round?

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Here's how I see it:

1st tier (#1 Overall):
    Andrew Luck

2nd tier (1st/2nd Round):
    Cameron Newton & Ryan Mallett
    Blaine Gabbert
    Jake Locker

3rd tier (3rd+ Round):
    Christian Ponder
    Pat Devlin
    Colin Kaepernick
    Andy Dalton
    Ricki Stanzi

Personally, I want Ryan Mallett... but with the our 2nd round pick. I think Mallett is a good player and could turn out great, but he's also over-hyped.

Here's some articles:
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Is-Ryan-Mallett-worth-a-firstround-pick.html
    http://draftcountdown.com/draft-blog/2010/09/why-ryan-mallett-is-overrated/
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/522441-ryan-mallett-more-than-meets-the-eye
    (keep in mind these articles are not written by "experts", just blogs.)

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Based on some stuff I've read on draft sites, there are a ton of character concerns about Mallett. I think that's something that will start coming out over the next few months. I don't know any more about the situation or else I would say it. Not sure if it's legal trouble or work ethic or what. I think we could see Mallett slide.

For that reason, I voted Locker. I've also read a lot about how awful his o-line and receivers are. If Locker had the Stanford team around him, his numbers would be way better. He's raw for sure, but he has huge potential.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm hoping Locker plays in the Senior Bowl. I too would like to see him play with some talent.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

^^^This....right now I voted for Mallett, just based off watching the two and not knowing anything about Mallett's off the field issues. I've never heard that before. Locker has more upside, really the only QB i do not want is Cam Newton.

6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I voted Locker, mostly because I think he'll be available in round 2. However we may have to leapfrog a couple teams at the top of round 2 to get him.

7. 24

24 Starter

Ponder. Hopefully he falls to the 3rd. We don't have playmakers on our defense. At least our offense has some.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I voted Mallett but I want to see Locker some more.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

There is not a QB in those first few tiers that I would be upset about. I don't think Newton would be VY part 2 like people are saying.

VY's problems are not his style of play, his problems are his fragility in every sense. Newton doesn't have that problem. Having a scrambling QB is not a bad thing, necessarily.

I don't like him at #8, but if we could trade down, or take him in the 2nd or later.

10. nick1028

nick1028 Camp Fodder

definately not mallet, too many red flags

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar