QB in 2011

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Extremely unlikely regardless of who the QB is next season.

I don't believe we are nearly as talented as you think. We need SEVERAL new starters on defense. We are all HOPING that the O-line problems in 2010 were an aberration, but we need some changes in the middle of the line.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think we only need a SS on defense at this point. Maybe pickup another DE in the draft.

Without a top tier QB though we won't win a Super Bowl.

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Agree on QB...but there are none out there at this point.

Also, throw in a need for LBs (outside predominantly) that can cover TEs, and I think another solid CB (Finny did not impress me last year).

On offense, in addition to QB, we need a good power back (sort of like Blount, who we did let go last year) to ease up some load on CJ, and I think we need some help at OL...I was not impressed with interior line play either.

Suffice it to say, IMO we are a ways off from a SB at this point. Coaching moves so far are building a strong foundation (although I am not seeing the logic with Tice here), but that won't turn us around next year...

5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

We need DT, DE, LB, SS,QB, and a bigger short yardage back. The interior of our dline wore down as the season went on last year. The easiest fix for this is to sign Barry Cofield (DT from NYG) and move Jason Jones to DE. That solves two of the 6 problems...there are big backs (John Clay, Robert Hughes) available late as a short yardage option. So that marks off a 3rd.

We do need a QB, I'm hopeful for Kyle Orton, but if Tom Clements is brought in for OC then Matt Flynn would be a good fit. With Kyle Orton at QB we could compete in 2011.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I agree with needing a power back, but I think we're good at DT, DE, and LB. I think everyone forgets that the team basically gave up late in the season due to the huge ordeal that took place. Would I like to upgrade? Yes. But I think we have enough talent to suffice on defense.

The QB issue. Everybody pretty much knows where I stand. If you go check out the VY thread Pyschocop gives a great explanation of what I feel makes the most sense in regards to our QB situation.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

You're high if you think that's all we need.

8. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

The interior of our dline is undersized, Jones is a better fit as a DE. That being said, it is a pretty easy fix with this draft class or the FA.
    As far as QB, don't make this thread about VY. He is gone, let it go.
    To get back on target, I agree about us needing a "franchise" QB. If we go the route of the West Coast offense, I hope that QB is Ponder. He is a perfect fit for that system. We draft Ponder, trade a 2012 2nd or 3rd round pick for Orton, and we can not only compete in 2011, but build for the future too.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

We need help at D line. I really don't see anyone that's not replaceable on our defense. Maybe Griffin. We don't really have any game changers at the moment.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Kyle Orton is not going to happen. He's the Broncos starting QB. The Broncos already announced that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar