Prometheus

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by avvie, Dec 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Bill Paxton as the brash, gung-ho coward could have done with less screen time. But from what I've seen, James Cameron has no problem serving up shallow, stereotypical characters with an iron fist.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I thought the same but after seeing Renner in MI4 I am ok with the idea now.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They're Hobbits...sheesh!

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Me too. Saw Renner on Jimmy Fallon and he said that the 4th Bourne is a completely different character. There's still room for Bourne to return to the series later.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Renner is always legit.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG6aQ8wIIEU"]Jeremy Renner in a 1992 original play at Modesto Junior College - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rmxq5dfsOc"]Jeremy Renner as the Scarecrow - YouTube[/ame]

Well... he is now, at least. Makes me feel good to know I'm quite better on stage. Gives me hope that someday I'll hold a candle to what he can do on screen. Different aminals though.

6. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

^
    Gotta start somewhere, pretty sure his friends all laughed at him for that... and now he gets to say "look at me now."

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

No offense my man, but you'd have to be nuts not to embrace a wacked out Bill "Chicken-**** outfit" Paxton. Guy was just out of control in terms of his scene stealing lines.

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

They're different animals, but yeah, I appreciate Alien more as I get older, and I watch Aliens less and less. I love Aliens, but it's also been borrowed from more films, shows, and video games, in terms of pacing, writing, and direction, than any action film in the past 30 years. It's hard to watch something when it's been done again and again, ad nauseum for decades.

Alien, however, still remains a very organic and original experience. Sure it's extremely influential, but it's also extremely unique in how it's executed. The themes of isolation and terror of the unknown have rarely been duplicated in such masterful style in the horror genre.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

^I don't think it can be argued that the last 15 minutes of ALIENS isn't about as good as it gets - but I agree with everything you say here about the first..

Am I alone in the fact that I really like Alien Resurrection. That hybrid creature at the end so over the top. Gotta love it.

And then there is Robot Monster.. Probably the greatest foray into the world of Hollywood Aline SFX to date..
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq9IKsH9BXg"]Robot Monster (1953) trailer - YouTube[/ame]

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yep, his name is Aaron Cross.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar