Projected 2013 Titans Record

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewHorizans, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

All this FA talk has got me excited for the 2013 season, and like years past, we always have a thread with everyone's guess at our record. While we don't know the dates or time of year we play each team. We do know all the teams we have to play and if they are home or away. So I think its time to talk turkey. Can we make the playoffs next year? Maybe.

6 Games against AFC South teams:
    I think if Locker can play better and our new additions fix the O and D, we can easily sweep the Jags. They are A LOT further than we are from being a playoff team. So that two wins. Its hard to say how well the Colts will be. They play very well last year, but had a last place schedule. Their D was also nothing special. So for now, I think we can predict 1-1 with a chance at sweeping if we play them healthy and catch some breaks. The Texans are another story. We got killed both games last year. And even the year before when they played all their starters. We always have a chance at home, but unless their D takes a step back from losing players. I can't predict a guarantee win against them, so for now its 0-2. Which leaves us a record of 3-3 in the Division.

4 Games against AFC West:
    Our games against another AFC divison will be the AFC West so we have Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, and Raiders. Chargers and Chiefs are home games with Broncos and Raiders played away. Baring some random upset, based on current talent on both teams, I see no reason we can't beat both the Chiefs and Raiders. For the first time in years I can say we look better than the Chargers, and while the Oiler/Titan Franchese hasn't beaten the Chargers since the '92 season, I think we have a great shot to finally get the win. The Broncos are a serious Super Bowl team now, so there is no way (unless Peyton isnt playing) we have prayer to beat them in Denver. So we could finish 3-1 against AFC West. For the season now we are 6-4.

4 Games against NFC West:
    Our NFC games will be against NFC West, and for years this would have been a good thing since all 4 NFC West teams have posted losing records for most of the last 10 years with one of them randomly playing well in a given year. But 2013 will no longer be the case. Both the 49ers and Seahawks come to Nashville this season, so at least we have that going for us. Since both are stacked from top to bottom, no way I can give the win against either of them. Luckily the Rams and Cardinals are very similar situation we are in. The Cards have a better D but almost zero offense and still no true #1 QB, so at this point I can give us the win. The Rams game will be very very interesting because it will be the first game the Titans play against Jeff Fisher. Talent wise I think we can beat them in the dome. If we have injuries or are playing bad, they could beat us though. For now I am going to say we pull out the win against the Rams for a split record of 2-2. Season record now being 8-6.

So at this point if all plays out as I have listed, we are very close to be good enough for a Wild Card. But it would mean we really need to win those last two games against the two AFC teams with same finishing in their divisions from 2012 season. Those games are against the Jets and Steelers. If this was a few years ago, we would be in trouble but the Jets are now one of the worst teams in the league and still don't have a decent QB, so we should easily beat them even if its in NY. The Steelers are also on the decline and getting very old as well. They dont have an RB now and just released Harrison, also lost Wallace and might lost Sanders as well. While it won't be easily to win in Pittsburgh, I think we have a good chance. So if we can pull out the wins here, we finish 10-6 for the season.

How great would that be to go from 6-10 with the worst D in the league to 10-6? Same record as the '07 season. Of course we could lose or win some of those other games, but I honestly think its realistic to think we can get 10 wins next season. What do you guys think? Did I get it right?

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

All depends on if Locker progresses or not. I think we'll fill all our holes well enough to win 10 games without a problem, it just all sits on Lockers shoulders and if we can stay relatively healthy.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I always hope we win 11 games, thats the bench mark for a good team IMO

if you win twice the number of games you lose, you're good

IDK what we'll do but I'm hoping for 11 wins or better

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Due to locker, I say 8-8. I think we'll still have plenty of losses, but less 30+ point deficit losses.

5. JCBRAVE

Kansas City Chiefs W​
    Denver Broncos L​
    San Diego Chargers W​
    Oakland Raiders W​
    Arizona Cardinals W​
    St. Louis Rams W​
    San Francisco 49ers L​
    Seattle Seahawks L​
    New York Jets W​
    Pittsburgh Steelers W​
    Houston Texans (Div.) L​
    Houston Texans (Div.) W​
    Indianapolis Colts (Div.) W​
    Indianapolis Colts (Div.) L​
    Jacksonville Jaguars (Div.) W​
    Jacksonville Jaguars (Div.) L​

I see maybe 11 wins in there

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

9ers, Hawks, Texans once are 3 losses for sure that I'm not even giving us a chance in. Other than that most games are winnable if we execute.

7. NewHorizans

L to Jags?? But W against Texans? I guess it could happen. But if we improve as much as I think we can, I see no way the Jags beat us next year.

I also agree with what others have said about Locker. Like all teams, you win and lose on your QBs shoulders.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm loving all the moves we're making lately. Still, we were REALLY bad last year and you can't expect every unit to magically gel right away. It's gonna take time. And our 2013 schedule looks very tough, based on how our opponents finished last year at least.

As has already been said, it's really all going to come down to whether or not Locker can make the leap to the next level. If he does, I wouldn't be too surprised if we manage double digit wins and possibly a playoff berth. If he doesn't, my money is on another 6-10-ish season. Obviously there are other factors such as whether or not the defense figures out that you're actually supposed to TACKLE the opposing offensive players. But Locker is the most important piece to the puzzle.

9. NewHorizans

Its easy to say we will be good or bad. But I want to see each game what everyone thinks. Like a few already have. Besides those auto 4 loses, give me a reason we should lose the other games?

10. JCBRAVE

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar