Pre-Game Thread Preseason Game 2: Titans @ Bengals

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

We lost 9 points on what should have been surefire field goals and lost the game by 8.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

If only it was as easy as Madden where I could stock pile 1st round draft picks to rebuild the team..

Last time I played, I amassed 10 first rounders, including picks 6-11. Take notes, Ruston. :lol:

3. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

unfortunately yes and i think he'd do better elsewhere. This staff is holding him too far back with no way of getting himself out

4. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

the offensive playcalling is still pretty pathetic. Should have never had to settle for FGs on some of those drives and the defense looks like it's just as bad

5. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

Anyone heard anything out of Bud lately? How serious is he really about getting the Titans on track?

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Id be surprised if bud Adams even knew what month it was

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. NoleTitan

NoleTitan Starter

We don't even need to do THAT much to turn into a playoff caliber team.

If Jake can play like he did tonight, we're pretty much set on offense. No reason to think that he hasn't improved significantly as of right now (despite the negativity and premature conclusions drawn from the little blurbs in the daily practice reports). We won't have that many bad drops on a weekly basis and pretty much any UDFA kicker could serve as a adequate placekicker.

On the defensive side, replacing Gray should be a priority. If we can come away from the 2014 draft and FA with a starting caliber DE to replace Wimbley, a safety to replace Griffin, and a cornerback, I think we'll be in a great position to compete. Very do-able for one offseason, IMO.

8. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

This. One million times this. Anyone could do a better job than Gray is doing right now.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. NoleTitan

NoleTitan Starter

The drops were a huge reason why we had to settle for FGs. Assuming we were somewhat reserved because it was a preseason game, I didn't have much of a problem with the playcalling.

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

If things continue to go to crap and they do bring in a new coaching staff for next year, do you think they'll stick with the Titans line of thinking and pick someone in-house, or someone who has been with the organization before, or will they feel like they need to go outside of the organization? It scares me to think that Loggins or Williams would be considered for the HC job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar