Prediction Time: 4000 yards?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Dec 1, 2016.

?
  1. He can do it!

38 vote(s)
    82.6%
  2. He cant not do it!

8 vote(s)
    17.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I think it's still too early to say for sure and we're all biased here.

But I do think it's a little silly that just about every "expert" thinks Winston is better. Winston's numbers are worse and Mariota stomped him out bad in their only matchup... and in college too, though that doesn't really count. They just like his energy. I do too, but that only goes so far. Mariota is quiet, so they naturally don't care much about him.

They'll all eat crow sooner or later.

I preferred Winston heavily over Mariota entering the draft. I think I was way wrong though. And I'll obviously be happy to be wrong.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

That tells you.. We've never had a half decent passer on this roster in 17 years.. Even Air relied on his toughness and run game.

3. JBC

JBC Starter

Who cares if he reaches 4000 yards this season, as long as the Titans make the playoffs. That's what it's about anyway.

4. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

I actually preferred Mettenberger over both of them, and I wasnt on drugs or any mind altering substances, so my opinion on anything really should be taken lightly.

• LOL LOL x 4
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

new rule, cant make playoffs without 4000 yards

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I initially wanted us to stick with Mettenass and go with Williams, Cooper, or try to pull off a massive trade.

As the draft got closer I pretty much accepted we would be taking Mariota, so I started to warm up to it and realized that if I were GM, I'd have to take a QB there no matter what.

But yea... I was almost right there with you. Hate to admit that. Lol

Three things Webster got right... Walker, Lewan, Mariota. He was the absolute worst in every other instance though.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

:makefun: @ you Mett losers

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Most of the draft process I wanted Williams but with about 1-2 months to go, I agreed it absolutely had to be Mariota.

Realized franchise QBs are hard to come by and I 100% believed in Marcus' tape.

9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I wanted and really thought Williams was gonna be the pick. I've reversed my take entirely on Mariota. He's way better than I thought he would be. Still would like to have Williams too, but can't have my cake and eat it too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar