Predict the AFCS 1st round picks

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by SawdustMan, Apr 22, 2013.

1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Just 3 days left. Thought it might be fun to throw out our guesses for who each AFC South team will select with their 1st round pick.

My Picks:
    Jaguars (2)- Geno Smith QB/West Virginia
    Titans (10)- Dee Milliner CB/Alabama
    Colts (24)- Sylvester Williams DT/North Carolina
    Texans (27)- Justin Hunter WR/Tennessee

I just have a gut feeling about Geno to the Jags. And I created a thread earlier today explaining how I think Milliner ends up a Titan.

The Colts pick is the toughest to predict IMO. It's always tough to predict who will be left in the 20's. And I could see them selecting just about any defensive position, as well as WR, TE, OL.

It seems to be the draft's worst-kept secret that the Texans are targeting a WR in the 1st. And I just have a feeling Justin Hunter will be their guy, much to the chagrin of UT fans.
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Jags - Dion Jordan
    Titans - Star Lotulelei
    Colts - Desmond Trufant
    Texans - Justin Hunter
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Star is on top of my board (of realistic picks). I'll be absolutely ecstatic if we end up with him.
  4. Titan43

Titan43 Starter

I'll go out on a limb with some if my picks because the draft never goes the way the experts think it will ...

Jags - Geno , QB

New owner, new GM, new coach , new logo ... time for a new face of the franchise as well. No one on the Jags staff has any ties to Gabbert, and QBs always get over valued in the draft anyway.

Colts - Eddie Lacey. RB

Colts try to improve the running game to take pressure off of Luck.

Texans - DeAndre Hopkins. WR

Its no secret the Texans are in the market for a WR.

Titans - Tyler Eifert, TE

What!?!?! I know. Its crazy, but the Titans like to throw us fans for a loop in the draft. I personally don't like the pick, but TE makes some sense. We lost Cook, and a reliable TE would be great for Lockers growth. Most would say he is a reach here, but McShay and Kiper both said he is a 'top 12 player', so its possible I guess ... but mostly I picked him because it would probably be the most confusing pick we could make
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

As I've said in the past, I'll chop my nuts off if we take a TE in the 1st round.

There's no way the Colts take a RB. Ballard is gonna be a really good player for them.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. titans1839

titans1839 Special Teams Standout

Geno to the Jags would be great for the titans...the ones who want Warmack or Milliner. Dont see us taking a DE in the first unless Jordan falls to us which i doubt. Geno to the Jags drops all players down a slot and almost guarentees one or maybe even both there for our pick