Pre-game traffic/police/entering the game

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Alex1939, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Ok, move this to the Lounge, probably where it belongs... HOWEVER, i post it here... since it is a TITANS topic.

I know many, if not most, tailgate before games... and therefore arrive early and probably enter the game early... so you may be unaware of this and it may not concern you... and hey you may not give a damn anyway....

But i have some serious BEEF.

1) Police... what the **** are they doing?? It's like they are trying to make traffic worse. Home game before this.. I'm like 5 minutes late with 3 friends going to game... get told we can't take a left into the parking area near the southside of stadium. I've done this countless times before. Go all the way to the normal "B" lot entrance.. oh great, it's chained off. Go back and take a right into the entrance I tried to take a left into.. this time cop waves me through. That's ****ing fantastic... so I can take a right into the entrance but not a left... what a crock.

Add to that the incompetence where you get off at 65 at Jefferson by the bridge... finally they are letting it be two lanes.. but the way they manage traffic there is piss poor. They don't manage the A/B lines correct at all... it screws the bridge game traffic up completely. It's utterly pathetic.

2) MORON NASHVILLE PEOPLE..... If you aren't going to the game.. why the hell are you taking that bridge anyway??? AND WHATS WORSE... I have some FOOL almost rear end me, who doesn't have ANY parking tag... and is just cutting across all the Titans A,B lot entrances about 15 minutes before kickoff. Why are you idiots driving by the stadium on gameday if you aren't going to the damn game?? If you are paying to park around the south lots.. you don't need to go by the A/B entrance lanes to get there. FREAKING MORONS!

3) Entrance today... Never in a game before, including playoff games, have I seen longer lines at the entrances. I heard several people say they had waited 35 minutes in line. They had a WHOLE gate closed.... a WHOLE freaking gate. It's bull****. Unless there was a terrorist threat I haven't heard about, there is no excuse for this mismanagement.

This was easily my most aggravating Titans gameday experience. And it's not just the loss. The police, the stadium personnel, and nashvillians need to get their heads out of their asses.

Oh and if you are walking towards the stadium in the middle of a lane of traffic in the parking lot... how bout move the hell out of the way so I can go around you and park.

and.... DAMN YOU BRET FAVRE!

/RANT OFF

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I agree. Traffic, both in cars and walking, were the worst I've ever seen it. Gate lines were ridiculous. And I didn't get a giveaway at the door. Bad start to a bad day.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

Ditto on traffic, lines, and no give-aways (which I assumed I missed because the earlier fans got them while I was making my food donation, then standing in line).

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Bud was too busy counting all his playoff money people sent it...

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't think there was a giveaway and the lines were the longest this season.

I suspect it was all the New York fans. :brow:

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

On television, they did announce that there was some sort of scam with a heap of counterfeit tickets.

Not sure if this contributed.

7. Alex1939

Probably did contribute a little to the traffic problem. I had the lady at the gate take the stub from my parking pass for the first time ever yesterday...

And here's the thing about that. She didn't wave at me to stop. Or make a "roll down your window" motion. She just "kind of" got in the way of my car.... i started to go around her and then she moved directly in front of my car. I rolled down the window and was like "what?"... so she needed the stub.. but didn't do a good job of being clear as to what she was doing...

Meantime.. the car behind almost rear-ends me (this was the second time in a span of 3 minutes I was almost in a wreck) and the driver is going ape inside his car. I had to flip him a bird and was tempted to get out and fight him. I had already about lost it at this point.

Just more of the incompetence of gameday personnel leading to problems.

Man, I've been in a real bad mood ever since the loss yesterday, and the ****ty overall game experience really didn't help.

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

maybe you need to get there earlier instead of waiting to the last minute :grrhee:

9. Alex1939

Well that's true :yes:

I would avoid all this hassle if I did get there early, like I do for afternoon games and monday night football!

But I'm used to some problems and hassle getting there only 15-30 prior to gametime. That's expected, and no big deal. But NOTHING like yesterday.

Except for the police. I have had equally bad problems and confrontations with the police managing traffic on other gamedays.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Most the cops are a bunch of jerks. Except for the obese ones sitting on the horses. Seriously, have you seen the size of those mounted pigs on the Shelby St bridge? Don't you have to take any kind of a physical exam to be a Metro cop? I feel sorry for the horses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar