Pre-Game Thread Postgame: Titans vs Packers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Preditan, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Emphasis has to be on "once he got in the open field". CJ would have had more runs for negative yards than anything else.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Not in the open field. He would have blown by them there.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

4. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

I guess I am the only guy who is concerned about Bishop Sankey. The only thing that I saw from him that I liked was that he has decent hands. He reminded me a lot of Javon Ringer. I hope I am wrong but I just didn't see anything above average. I hope this wasn't a wasted pick.

On the flip side I am excited to see what Antonio Andrews can do. He and Isaiah Crowell were two of my favorite sleeper Rb pickups of the last draft and I believe they given the chance will be better Rb's in the future than Sankey. I am curious what the Browns will do with Crowell since he is absolutely buried on their depth charts.

Anyhow it is only the first preseason game and I am probably getting a head of myself but I was shocked that no one else was complaining about Sankey so I had to voice my opinion.

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I'm with you. Didn't see the game and assumed it was due to the weather. But yes definitely worried about the 2.8 ypc.

6. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Don't worry till preseasons over lets see what his ypc is then

7. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

First pre-season game, terrible weather, missed OTA's because of school commitments. I'll hold my judgment. He has 3 more games to adjust to the speed of the NFL. It looks like Whisenhunt is giving him plenty of opportunities in these games to get on the field.

On another note: I was very impressed with the couple of carries McCluster received, I hope to see more from him.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Hard to get a good read on the team after playing in that weather but Sankey is going to be alright. Taylor Thompson got a lot more action than we're used to seeing as well and Stafford's hit was pretty impressive. Missed the 4th quarter because got tired of being soaking wet so I'll have to watch the game from my DVR later in the week.

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

Worth it to watch the greatest 3rd QB this has ever had!

10. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I felt Cluster made some solid plays with his limited touches. As for Sankey, his ypc was low but as Whiz said at half time, they were playing in a monsoon and the D was loading the box because of it. That's not going to be an every day thing, well not if we actually have a passing attack. I liked Sankey's hands though.

It sucked because we really didn't get to see much from Locker, but he didn't get hurt! Really liked what I saw from Mett, the pick was all on Battle. I also felt the OLine played fairly well for the first game and conditions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar