Positive Titans Coverage

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Nov 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Well, I just thought I'd add two pretty great things I saw yesterday on NFL Network.

The first was Adam Schefter's replacement, Jason LaCanfora, on their Buy or Sell Stock segment, said he's buying stock that the Titans will now finish .500 or better. No one disagreed with him. LaCanfora likes our chances. Thought that was nice to see.

On the Top 10 plays of the week, they called "Justin Credible" - Gage's catch by Young, the top play of the week. I can't remember the last time a Titans play was #1 overall.

Anyway, just wanted to share the positivity.

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

If there would have been a bball goal next to Gage when he jumped up and caught that ball, I bet his HEAD would be above the rim. That dude has some HOPS! Vince needs to be throwing those kinds of passes to Gage in the red/endzone, because apparently no DB is going to out jump him.

3. pettso

pettso Starter

Only problem with that is he'll probably end up injured if he catches a few more of those. :S

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

That's why I mentioned they should be done more in the red/endzone. DB's don't have as much room to get a good running start to do much damage in that area.

Plus, if I were a WR and jumped up for a ball like that and saw a DB coming after me to take advantage of my vulnerability in the air, he may get a knee to the facemask or side/front/drop kicked (if I can twist into one) in the process. Granted I may get flagged, but I bet the DB would think twice before trying it next time. I never said I didn't think scheisty sometimes. LOL

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

[​IMG]

someone call the ambulance, I think I just had a heart attack

6. AH3

AH3 Rookie

Really? I don't have NFL Network so I don't watch it regularly, but I'm surprised CJ hasn't grabbed the top play spot yet this year. I'd like to see whatever play beat his 90 yard td run against Houston.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

CJ's run was #4. The Andre Johnson 19 yard TD grab was #3. Antrel Rolle's 83 yard blocked FG return for a TD was #2. And #1 was Ray Lewis knifing through the line to stop Darren Sproles in the backfield on 4th and 2 from the Ravens' 15 yard line with :37 left in the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar