Position Primer 2013 - Guard/Center

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm getting worried. Hopefully our FO doesn't think Amano is the answer. I can see us resigning Velasco.

Roos - Velasco - Amano - ____ - Stewart

Then if Hutch returns he'd be the other guard. That's a crap OL. Please don't be foolish Titans.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. rodgev

rodgev Starter

Trade back draft Warmack

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

That would be horrible! I really hope that they do the right thing which is to add a top FA OL AND draft an OL early in the draft.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

There's a few good guards this year, Andy Levitre, Louis Vasquez, Kevin Booth... the older Brandon Moore. I prefer Andy Levitre, but any of the 4 would be nice.

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Another guy I am warming to in the draft is Khaled Holmes, the Center from USC. The film I have watched of him looks really good, and despite them not having a dominant ground game, he seems to be really solid as a potential 2nd or 3rd round choice.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

3rd round talent is about what we have now. No rookie 3rd round pick will improve our line. Need a day-1 starter whos already NFL caliber.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I wish we had 3rd rnd talent, but I don't think many people would give up a 3rd rnd pick for Hutchinson or Amano at this stage.

I think Holmes is more of a late 3rd to 4th rnd type of talent. He moves pretty well, but I've seen him get pushed around by some of the stronger DTs.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Eugene Amano triggered an escalator in his contract, raising his 2013 salary from $3.685 million to $3.935 million

9. Carpy

Updated OP with draft targets

10. Carpy

Great to see we landed the big fish in LeVitre. We are still going to be active here, no doubt. I think the Titans either go after a swing G/T like Geoff Schwartz from MIN, or target a G in the 2nd or 3rd round. I think the chances of drafting Warmack at #10 are pretty slim.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar