Portable hardrive?

Discussion in 'Gear' started by ammotroop, Dec 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I think that is what they are called. Since I am into D/L movies now, I would like to find a place to put them, NOT on my computer. These movies will really come in handy when I get to a place like IRAQ or Afganistan again.

Do you all have any suggestions? I would like one that uses the USB as a power cable.

2. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

You can find them pretty cheap now

3. I don't know what brand name to suggest as for what's the best. Hard drives are pretty much all the same for usb external drives. Just look for the best warranty protection.

Another option is a drive that has firewire as well as usb because they are generally powered by the firewire cable. Also, they don't slow down the computer during the file transfer process like USB does. But it does add to the cost...

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yeah, i do suggest getting a USB powered device
    you can get laptop HDD's and slap them in portable enclosures

5. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Those Seagate FreeAgent Go portable HDDs are pretty sweet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar