Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Pollard makes presence known on Friday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, May 31, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans signed veteran safety Bernard Pollard to bring some fire to the defense, and on Friday, his passion was on full display. He even offered an apology for getting a little carried away.

Pollard, formerly with the Ravens, barked out messages to other defenders during practice. His voice could be heard 50 yards away.

After one play, he pegged tight end Craig Stevens in the back with the football.

“Tempers flare, Pollard explained. “For y’all in the media, you see a guy do something like that and you want to say “He’s crazy, or “he’s a thug” or this and that. But when you are playing a violent game like this you have to have an edge. You have to have switch.”

Pollard, who won a Super Bowl ring with the Ravens in February, said he respects every player on his new team. He’s already looking forward to when the pads come on.

“What you didn’t know is I went over and apologized to (Stevens) for throwing the football at him,’’ Pollard said. “But there’s nothing wrong with playing with a passion. This is a violent game, and we know this is a performance-based business.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider
    Alex1939 and Scarecrow high five this.
  2. Aqutis30 Starter

D. Williams
    Moolah:
    $2,865
    Exactly! He has an edge but he also lets his teammates know that he is just passionate and that he respects everybody there, it's nothing personal. Pollard is always made out to be a villain by the media. I <3 Bonecrusher31!
    GoT high fives this.
  3. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $92
    Nothing against Stevens, but he is the kind of guy who could benefit from something like that.

I REALLY hope that Pollard comes on as strong as he looks like he is. Odd he was one of my most hated players a few months ago.
    titan520 high fives this.
  4. GOFIGURETITANS Locker To Start....please

Locker
    Moolah:
    $745
    As long as he can keep it "nothing personal" then this team is going to benefit HUGE from his presence.
    GoT high fives this.
  5. Aqutis30 Starter

D. Williams
    Moolah:
    $2,865
    Well what he does that's not really noticeable or mentioned is he toughens these guys up, like tough brotherly love. These young men will grow and toughen up with Pollard around, and that is a benefit that goes beyond the profession. Pollard is a great mentor I think, he just has to brush off the "thug" stigma that comes with being Bernard Pollard: The Patriot Killer! :)
  6. steverife Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,912
    What they didn't mention is that Craig Stevens's hands are so good that he still caught it.
    Alex1939 and TitanJeff high five this.
  7. amy Starter

Moolah:
    $1,775
    I'm pretty sure that's why Pollard hit him with the ball. He was likely slacking.
  8. steverife Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,912
    I seriously doubt that. I would likely agree if he lashed out at someone on defense, but not on offense. One guy probably played a bit too long and the other didn't like it.
    GoT high fives this.
  9. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,067
    As much as I hate the Ravens, I didn't really hate any of the players other than Ray Lewis. I very much dislike Suggs too. Never hated Pollard.

Back in 2000 I hated Brian Billick and Tony Siragusa (who now endorses men's diapers). Fatass probably sh*ts his pants on his LA-Z-BOY every day.
    Titan43, titan520, TBaker34 and 3 others high five this.
  10. titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $1,299
    I just don't want any dumb a$$ 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct calls on 3rd down bc of his "passion". That will get old after awhile.
    titan520 and The Hammer high five this.