Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Playstation 3 vs Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Ryan, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    the biggest thing the Ps3 has going for it is that it's the least expensive Blu-Ray player on the market, has built in Wi-Fi, doesn't require an external power brick and is less prone to overheat issues. The XMB (to those who get used to it) may be a little more intuitive and less cluttered than the 360 dashboard. There are much more in depth settings controls on the Ps3 than on the 360 too.
  2. HALL97ROX Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    You should get a Wii. That way you only have to worry about breaking other stuff with your Wiimotes, not the system itself melting down (like the 360). Also a truckload more games than the PS3.
  3. BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Moolah:
    $2
    The Wii is more of a party system. It isn't very fun if you don't have a house full of people over. At least with the 360 and PS3, you can go online and play against others.
  4. KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Moolah:
    $129

Won't be collecting dust when Uncharted and Assassin's Creed drop my friend. Call of Duty 4 comin' tommorow, who else is coppin'?
  5. ONUV Starter

Moolah:
    $36
    i don't care about backwards compatibility. i don't have any ps2 games.
  6. Toly Free your mind

Moolah:
    $77
    I don't know why some people make a huge deal out of paying $60 a year for XBL. If the product is good enough, which I believe it is, then $60 a year is really a bargain. Yes, the PS3 Network is free but it doesn't come close to what XBL has achieved.

Anyways, unless you are a game developer, you shouldn't be concerned about the specifications of each console. Buy a console based on its library of games that attract you the most. It is that simple.
  7. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    God of War (1/2) and Final Fantasy XII are MUST plays ,imo
  8. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $9,001
    i'm not very familiar with XBL, so what are the differences?

all i know about the ps3 online is that i plugged in my ps3 and have been playing online without a hitch since. are there certain bells and whistles that it's missing or something?
  9. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    the biggest difference between PsOnline and LIVE obviously are fees
    PSO is free and LIVE is a pay membership
    however, LIVE is more robust and has (reportedly) more servers
    there is a TON more downloadable content on LIVE
    and I hear joining lobbies is more difficult on PSO
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,220
    I thought you were lukewarm towards Final Fantasy XII?

I am the same. I figured both are online, one is free, one costs like $5.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.