Playoff Scenarios

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fairweather Fan, Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

So if Indy loses next week, is the Jags game irrelevant? Beat the Texans and we are in or do the Texans hold the tie breaker if we split the series? Do we have to beat the Texans no matter what at this point or is there another way in? If the Jags win out, does our draft pick improve?

I have no doubt in my mind we win out, but I am curious about the various scenarios...

2. Zack3000

Zack3000 Special Teams Standout

We have to win out. If we lose next week Texans must also. If we win and Texans lose I think it still comes down to week 17

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

That's my understanding.

If the records are tied, then the Texans win the AFC South.

4. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

If the Titans and Texans both win next week it basically comes down to a do or die in Week-17 I thought.

Texans are undefeated in the division but I still kept seeing if Titans win out they win no matter what

5. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Titans need the best record to win the division.

Texans have a 4-1 division record I believe. Best we could get is 3-3.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Plus if Ravens and Dolphins lose out, and Denver goes down with a loss, we get that wildcard using our alligator arms. So win at Jacksonville opens up some options that are still feasible like a good crispy duck. And then if we don't take the Texans for whatever reason, we have a small window to crawl through even as the car sinks. Must win for division, pretty much a yes but not quite if Texans lose next week, must win for playoffs, not really, but close.

#6 PhiSlammaJamma, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. Zack3000

Zack3000 Special Teams Standout

Because if we win out we will be 10-6 Texans would be 9-7

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Texans bengals game only matters if we lose to Jax.

To OP, if IND loses the game next week, their game with Jax will not matter. They'd only be able to get to 8-8. Because Houston/Ten play each other, one will be 9-7 or better.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Need to win next week. Don't wanna go into week 17 relying on help. Must win next week.

10. jkwdbu

jkwdbu Special Teams Standout

We must win out to advance.

Interestingly, I noticed that if we win out, we most likely will get KC in the Wildcard Round. Of course, this time the game would be in Nashville. :)

Another interesting item:

Projected playoff teams with our matchups against them:

KC (Defeated them 19-17)
    NE (Did not play them)
    PIT (Did not play them)
    MIA (Defeated them 30-17)
    OAK (Lost to them 10-17)

Defeated 2/3 playoff teams we have faced. Lost to OAK in a close game. The only team I feel we would have a lot of difficulty defeating is NE. If we can defeat JAX and HOU (Big IF), we have a legitimate shot to make an underdog run to the SB.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar