playmaking WRs

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smart***Titan

Smart***Titan Camp Fodder

I think with the players we have currently, the middle of the draft is going to be perfect for us. We have the chance to take a good player. (Deutsch there are twenty two players on the field at a time, I feel pretty confident that if we pick between 18-20 we'll have an opportunity to pick one of the best players at their position). We also don't have all the pressure that a high draft pick presents. We can sit back and address whatever need drops to us, or even go the best available player route.

We have a lot of needs, but we also have a lot of young players who have shown flashes. Drafting a first round pick at a position where you have a promising young player could stunt either (or both) players growth at the position. It may also strengthen us at that position, but as a coach or GM, you really have to look at both sides of that equation.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Upon further review, you are probably right. I think they got Castillo DT at 28.
    But my point stands -- you have the opportunity to get a player that fits great with your team at any pick virtually. And I still maintain we can get a great defensive player or o-lineman with our top pick.

3. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Woah, I didn't mean we wouldn't get a good player. I really need to start proof reading my posts..anyways, I agree and am happy we're not picking high this year. If I had things my way (and I'm sure you all would agree) we'd be picking 32nd. :)

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I don't care about draft position if you do your scouting and research you can find the right player to fit your team which will in the long run make him a stud so it doesn't matter where you draft if your prepared and know your stuff and who fits your philosophy best.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

is it bad when a teams' best receiver is a DB?

6. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

well we are fans of that team, so lets think- his job description says he is a DB, yet he is our best playmaking WR, since he can't go both ways I say that is a bad thing, and is a missing ingredient to our offense- I say if Travis Henry leaves we should trade for JJ Arrington and then draft Dwayne Jarrett...

7. Arrington hasn't shown anything yet, and we really shouldn't let Travis go...

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Travis isn't goin anywhere but Chris Brown is. JJ Arrington is at best a decent 3rd down back nothing else but an overhyped player coming out of Cal.

9. well it cant be too bad of a thing, look at deon sanders, and plus they really arent playing that much, football conditioning is nothing compared to other sports... and football is stop and go, try getting them out there to play soccer or something like that where u have 90 straight minutes of running (except the goalies) and the only break that they get is a 5 min halftime, so football players on not in any kind of shape, most players if they are good enough should be able to go both ways... but they cant because they have absolutely no conditioning

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

and a lot of walking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar