Playing safety...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Feb 7, 2012.

1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

I just feel good about Barron. He comes from a major program and already looks like an NFL player.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QUPrI8sI63A?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Highly touted Nick Saban DB's, how many have been busts?

The Safety class is weak this year and Barron is head and shoulders above the rest of the prospects. He can come right in and start at either spot across from Babs or whomever else it is.
  3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

But is he that far ahead of the other safeties in this draft because of the defense he had around him?

From his hype, he sounds like the real deal, but often these type of prospects turn out to be mediocre NFL players.

In no way does Saban's former DBs track records' in the NFL provide us insight on the success Barron may have.
  4. JCBRAVE

I see what you're saying, but Barron would lift them even if Bama stunk. He didn't become a 1st rounder because of those around him, he made the players around him.
  5. theprizdfighter

Not sure if I agree with this. Only way we'd know if he'd keep them in games if Bama was terrible is if that were actually so.

The list of first rounders that achieved that honor because of the team around them and playing against college level players is long.

I'm not claiming he will bust, but it wouldn't surprise me if he became an average NFL player.

And at the same time his success at the next level will depend on the players around him and scheme he is drafted into.
  6. JCBRAVE

I was talking about the other DB's, not the LB's or anything.
  7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

And if he is not their at 20? What about the pass rush we need?
  8. JCBRAVE

If he's not there at 20 waiting for us, we gotta go DE.
  9. theprizdfighter

I like DT over DE unless we can grab Perry.
  10. JCBRAVE

Depends who's available, and what we did or didn't do in FA. DT could work too.