Players With "Character Concerns"

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 2ToneBlueBlood, May 8, 2014.

1. Mitch86

Mitch86 Starter

Draft position DOES matter. There are undrafted and late/mid round picks cut all the time for petty charges. You think a team cuts a 1st, 2nd round guy for a simple charge? No team wants to waste a high draft pick so they turn their head when those guys get in trouble. Happens all the time!
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Starter

Chip Kelly should have a look at him for PHI
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

I do know that the Bengals used to ignore character altogether. They would often get talented guys who slipped because of character. Sometimes it worked out like with Corey Dillon. Often it blew up in their face.
  4. Passepartout

Passepartout Breast Cancer Awareness!

Every team will have a character with an issue or two. As no team in any other league is perfect. No matter how great they play.
  5. Hormesis

Hormesis Starter

I like high character people. It's just a personal choice for me. I have a hard time rooting for an idiotic ******* that thinks only of themselves. Honor and class go a long way in my eyes.
  6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

geCDimb.png
    #1 Overall.
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Generally I let the tape speak for the player, rarely will I object to a guy because of off the field stuff. But there are times where a guy opens his mouth and you just run.

When a player is labeled "toxic" I wouldn't draft him in the 8th round (if there was an 8th round). You dont want to taint your locker room with scumbags.
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

9. 615nick

615nick Special Teams Standout

A very high percentage of players in the NFL are about the money first, they just don't come out and say it. I don't really have a problem with that at all, how many people get a chance to make millions for a few years. I do however agree that the players that talk about it openly can drag a team with bad leadership down. but a player that is all about himself will a lot of times play and train very hard for that next big pay day. guys like Peyton, Brady or brees at this point in their careers would retire rather than play for 7 or 8 million, they just don't come out and say it
  10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't consider it a character issue if a guy says he wants to make a lot of money or wants to break individual records.

Character issues are primarily things that get a player suspended and off the field.

This is america however and i'm willing to give some guys a 2nd chance. When it comes down to playing in the nfl even for the minimum and flipping burgers the choice is pretty obvious.

Agree with the poster who said you basically get clean players in rds 1-4 and then relax your standards later in the draft.