Picking Locker over Kaepernick, biggest mistake this Titans ever made

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

This argument we picked Locker over Kaep because he fit Palmer's offense is almost beyond ridiculous. As if Locker was some West Coast QB or something. Locker and Kaep are actually pretty similar in their attributes and it we wanted to really get a Palmer guy it might have been Dalton or Ponder.

The other comment that takes the cake is saying Kaep was "exposed" in the SB. My goodness what game were people watching?

The 49er offense was running up and down the field and with little running game for the most part with ease against the vaulted Raven's defense. Kaep threw for 300 yards, a 91 QB rating (also rushed for 62 yards). The only reason he wasn't lifting up the SB MVP of that game was because of a blown coverage by the 49ers secondary and a kick return. The guy is making his 10th start of his career, in the SB, against the Ravens and simply goes out and plays lights out.

Did anyone notice the 49ers wer behind 28-6 just into the 3rd qt of that game? People are all over Flacco and how Brady like his performance was but Kaep was his equal without a doubt. But if that was Brady briging his team back from that kind of deficit people would be slobbering all over how studly he is despite the loss. But it is Kaep so he was "exposed". Nonsense.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Right now I think Kaep is the real deal, but I am still holding out until we see more of him. Lets see him without an amazing defense and then we will see what he is made of.

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

My entire statement regarding arm was referring to Locker. HE trusts his arm to much. Chill. I know locker is bad dude. I saw it. Recheck your reading. I was referring to locker my man.

4. Clark

^^^ that was me saying locker can sling the ball as hard and as fast as Kaep... Without the accuracy. And that his trust in his arm gets HIM (Locker) in trouble

5. Clark

And when I here "arm" I don't think accuracy. I immediately think zip/speed/distance. "He's got a big arm" - "yea but he doesn't have the accuracy"

6. Clark

It's not so much the defense that carries him though it definitely helps. If Kaep transitions into being able to successfully do multiple reads on the offense and do proper line checks, you have possibly the most dangerous QB in the game. Mad speed, accurate. Needs to learn touch and fix up his release a bit still... His ability to get out of the pocket forces slower defenses into a shell defense, contain. They can't run too many man looks without giving up free plays.

Right now, in his inexperience, the defenses can switch it up a bit and confuse him and make him hold the ball... When he holds the ball he breaks down. He fixes that, he's golden. He will continually see defenses playing scared and anytime defense plays scared, they get lit up. "Prevent defense" is a scared defense. Sitting back 10 yard cushions on the WRs is a scared defense. We play scared defense most the time.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

So you are admitting that Kaepernick has better skills than Locker? Still not quite clear.

8. Clark

His accuracy is better than lockers for sure. You can't be sending dive bombs to your WRs every other play... Locker gonna get people killed out there. Kaep with the pistol is much more effective than locker.

Kaep doesn't anticipate throws and that's one thing locker has been doing. That's about the only thing lockers got on him. Speeds the same. Decision making for Kaep is glorified in that offense so that's hard to say, if he would have constant breakdowns on offense you would see his tendencies more.

But yes at this point, dudes outplaying locker bar none. His accuracy is the most noticeable difference. We got a QB that has a hard time hitting the wide side of the barn. They got mad killer dart thrower.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Architect

Architect Pain Train

There is no way Locker is as fast as Kaepernick. He can run but he isnt a blazer like Kaep

10. Clark

4.53 vs lockers 4.59.

He is faster but his stride makes him look like he's moving faster too. Like a big ass gazelle out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar