Pick #104: Alterraun Verner, CB, UCLA

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

I didn't say being smart means a person can play football. I said that being smart provides no evidence that you CAN'T be a good football player.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Maybe he can be our modern day, Darryll Lewis :)

3. Jazzy Titan

Jazzy Titan yum yum eat em up

at the time thats what the team decided, your not going to have every player always contribute to your team, its just how it goes. They know better then I, so why am I the one to judge them?

4. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

A good decision does not always lead to good results. A good decision is based on making a sound choice based on available evidence. Now, we can debate whether that happened on some of the Titans picks, but I remember a lot of people thinking we got great value with Woolfolk. It didn't work out, but he had a lot of upside. Henry was a high risk. I thought we took him too high at the time, but the coaches are paid to do this sort of thing. I don't know if they made the best decision or not. I know it didn't work out for them.

Even the best teams have this happen. The Patriots and Colts miss out on plenty of guys. The Colts have drafted a RB early in like three drafts (until this one). Their run game was pretty bad last season, even still.

Some of you guys need to realize that the Titans have professional scouts that are paid to help them make these decisions. This is a hobby for you. Your expertise doesn't compare to theirs. They have resources that go way beyond looking at stats and reading draft websites. That doesn't mean they always get it right. But I think most teams make pretty good decisions. Some are a bit better than others, and that's big. Some have too much ownership influence, and you see those teams suffer perennialy for it. Let the FO do their job. We can about the results later. ing about them now is a bit silly.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think our strategy in this draft changed because of pressure from Bud Adams who wants to win now and wants players who can contribute asap not guys who need 2-3 years to get good. Instead of our normal course of action that is to draft the best athlete and hope we can coach him up we got the best football players and in this case we were spot on with our pick.

This guy is a good athlete, maybe not a great athlete but he knows how to play. If teams drafted only on the basis of how good a guy was in college he would have been a late 1st or early 2nd rd pick. He was as solid as can be for the Bruins. He has great ball skills and instincts and is a great tackler ideal for playing cover 2 schemes.

I think he can start for us right away.

We always draft guys with the best 40 time but in this case we drafted the right guy.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

You mean Youtube highlites and scouring Mel Kiper comments aren't enough to evaluate a guy you're potentially spending millions on?

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The word "adequate" doesn't belong in his strengths paragraph. In other words; he sucks.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

He took Harpers number :lol:

...hopefully he doesn't play like him, unless its his 2003 season.

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

This guy better be a stud. We gave away two more then serviceable players so we could draft him.

10. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I was talkin to him on Twitter and this was his response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar