Pick #103: William Hayes, DE/LB, Winston-Salem State

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Why?

It's clear several posters here think that the Titans FO can do no wrong, because they are professionals, and anyone who disagrees with them is whiny wanna-be GM.

Sad thing is, a lot of us whiny wanna-be GM's could've done exactly what the Titans did today, or better.

I'm sorry to all that are offended, but it's the truth. Justify however you want. I could've picked names from a barrell and added as much justification for the draft as several of our questionable picks in 2008.

2. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I will agree on the 3 year thing in most circumstances. The problem with this draft is we really do have some pressing needs. The only player who I think will contribute right away is chris johnson (hopefully I'm wrong). When a team is close to being a real contender you want to draft guys who can step on the field right away not be a project.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

NY Giants, That's all I've got to say,
    And you guys are whiny wanna be GMs

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

(posted on TitansCetral)

William Hayes
    ----------The guys on Sirius asked Bill Polian about him today, asking whether he was surprised Hayes was taken so high. Before the question was even finished, Polian said "No. He's an outstanding football player." He said the Colts felt Hayes was in the mold of Rahim Brock. He also said the Colts had Hayes rated just slightly lower than the Titans but noted if you're drafting at a thin position, you have to take a guy a little higher or you might not get him at all. Even though the Sirius people, including Gil Brandt, were stumped by Hayes, Polian said NFL people were very aware of him and he had been moving up draft boards across the league.---------

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

"We have a plan"

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's not the truth. It's the cry baby ramblings of a bunch of whiny clueless fools who have no idea.
    Forget that Bill Polian had him rated highly, I mean it's only Bill Polian, what would be know about drafting players right?

Sure as hell he couldn't do better than the great and well known Alex1939. In fact he is so great he drafts in hindsight.

And really, just forget the fact you've never seen any of them play in the NFL. You simply know better. :rolleyes:

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We have to put up with your non stop *****ing.

8. Alex1939

Sure, why should anyone comment on anything. We should all just applaud and say, well we'll see how the guy does in the season.

Gunny rule number 1: Never give an opinion on anything until after the fact. That way you can never be wrong.

I'm also sure Bill Polian has never been wrong in his life. And I'm sure he's never been dishonest either.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

This is the last time I will explain this, if you don't get it you never will -

1. I've put forth my opinions on some of the picks. If you can't read, go back to school.
    2. It is fine to dislike a pick. But to dislike a pick and then put forth irrational, thoughtless and downright stupid posts like 'Fire MR', 'I've never heard of this guy' 'This is the worst draft ever'.
    I'm sorry but the guys haven't play and already the bridge jumpers are crying about it being the worst draft ever. It's no wonder no one listens to you.

10. Alex1939

Grow up.

Same **** you say to Gloat and other posters that disagree with you. I still read their posts. Bet I'm not the only one.

From here out, take it to Smack Forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar