PFT Titans cap space

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm basing it on he's about as raw as you can get for an NFL corner. I had high hopes on TC and watched him like a hawk last year when he got CB time, which was little. I was hoping for another late round CB steal like Finny, Cary Williams, McCourty, etc. But he's not aggressive, doesn't like to be phyiscal at LOS, gives too much of a cushion (could of been a scheme issue), and struggles mightly in comeback routes (probably his biggest flaw). He's out there and just looks clueless... however, an offseason of studying and film watching can make dramastic improvements.

2. xpmar9x

Than we wouldn't have a team.

My point is this, you can't get hung up on these guys with "potential" that never pan out. After 3 seasons if you're still showing major flaws and haven't improved much from your rookie year... there's your sign. Problem is, Titans keep the wrong players and cut players like Cary Williams and Blount.

3. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Jared Cook!

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Honestly, I don't believe hardly any of your assessment.

About how many plays did he get this season at nickel?

5. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

I'll take Delanie Walker over Cook. He can put up numbers like Cook receiving but is a monster at blocking. Something Cook couldn't do at all.

6. xpmar9x

He had 68 snaps on defense the entire year in 2012. 52 of which came vs Jax Week 17, when he started as #2 corner. He allowed one touchdowns that game to J. Shipley on blown coverage, and had multiple missed tackles. Rewatch the game if you can.

Again, not saying TC is terrible or we should cut him. I'm simply saying that we shouldn't be content with him and assume he can step up to be a starter.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Just to build off what you said, I give players 3 years to prove to me they belong. I may not like a guy at first, but very very few guys "get it" their first year or two, usually takes a few OTA's before a guy becomes a professional. Take McCourty and Verner for instance, they were kinda bad as rookies, but they steadily improved day by day unlike that Ryan Mouton jerkoff.

8. xpmar9x

I still hate him due to that NYJ game.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

oo you dont even know the level of hate I have for him because of that game

10. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

i still think these throw back jersey's are bad ass

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar