Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Perry Fewell - We should have hired him and we still should

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Oct 29, 2012.

?

Who do you want to see as Titans head coach?

Poll closed Nov 5, 2012.
Perry Fewell 8 vote(s) 53.3%
Stick With Munch 2 vote(s) 13.3%
Greg Williams 1 vote(s) 6.7%
A TV commentator like Bill Cower, Chucky Gruden or Brian Billick 2 vote(s) 13.3%
Jim Schwartz (When he is fired by Detroit) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
A college guy 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Another NFL coordinator 2 vote(s) 13.3%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,045
    Along with Mike Munchak the Titans also considered Greg Williams, Mike Mularkey and Perry Fewell as head coach. We will never know how serious they were about Fewell or the other two for that matter. Fewell could have just been a token interview to satisfy the Rooney Rule. The whole thing could have been a dog and pony show with Munchak being their guy all along.

In the end we got a head coach who had never been a head coach, assistant head coach or even a coordinator before. Furthermore, he had only coached in one organization and with one head coach his entire career. He was then saddled with a weak coachings staff thanks to the timing of his hiring.

Perry Fewell meanwhile is starting to become a desireable candidate as a head coach.
    [IMG]
  2. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $38
    Greg Williams

uhhhhhhhhhh

what?
  3. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,236
    I wanted Fewell last time, so I'd be all about it.

Bud wont ever get rid of his boy though.
    Fry high fives this.
  4. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,094
    I'm not so convinced Perry Fewell really knows what he's doing. He gets called in everywhere every year, but yet for some reason he's still calling defensive plays for the Giants. I know he's only been there for 3 seasons, but he hasn't been called back by any team both the years he went in for interviews.
  5. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,094
    Actually never mind, I just realized the Giants were too busy winning the Super Bowl last year for Perry Fewell to have a fair shot at any head coaching jobs. Only idiots wait til February to replace their coaches LOL.
    The Hammer high fives this.
  6. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,045
    I was really impressed when Perry took over for Dicky J in Buffalo. He was able to figure out the following:
    • That Ryan Fitzpatrick is better than Trent Edwards
    • That you should not try and have a power offence when you have a terrible O line and WR is your strongest position
    He has proven himself well with the Giants.
  7. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,127
    NO. RAY HORTON. HE HAS CORNROWS!
    SawdustMan high fives this.
  8. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $12,920
    I was most in favor of Fewell out of the lame, lame, LAME candidates the FO offered up.

But I will say this, Fewell was also interviewed by the Panthers, Broncos and BROWNS and didn't get any of those jobs either. Perhaps there's a reason for that? Like maybe he's one of those guys that should just be a coordinator. Kinda like how our HC should just be a position coach.
  9. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $12,920
    That's what I'm talking about! I bet we win a ring for each row!
    xpmar9x high fives this.
  10. steverife Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,904
    "We just need to get Perry Fewell or Dennis Green in here for an interview, then we'll announce your hiring. Welcome aboard!"
    The Hammer high fives this.