Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Perhaps Vince Young was more crucial than you thought.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,904
    Vince Young sucks.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,602
    It wasn't Vince. You can see the difference in CJ's wheels.
  2. TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

Washington
    Moolah:
    $11,018
    proof? anything to back this up?

Everyone said CJ lost a step last season but ESPN showed a stat of him reaching the fastest speed amongst anyone in the NFL on one of his touchdown runs.

I don't know whether he has or hasn't lost some of his speed. But to think he's lost enough to make him totally useless is absurd.
    2 people high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

CheeseheadTitan Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $482
    Here we go....I have seen enough VY for the past week or so, sittin this one out LOL.

Way to wind it up Deuce....
  3. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,904
    Watch this, it's all the proof you need.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEi4z8GiaRM&feature=related"]Chris Johnson Titans Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

Have you seen him turn on the jets to hit the corner like that at all this season? I haven't. The run against the Steelers shows everything you need to see. The guy doesn't have his speed anymore.
    1 people high five this.
  4. PhiSlammaJamma Yao

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $21
    Leadership. VY. Same thing happening with Tebow. Like it or not these guys get the most out of the teammates in the lockeroom and on the field, and then they have an intangible that puts them over the top of their opponent too.
    3 people high five this.
  5. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,904
    ^ I used all of my "It Sucks" on ThaSchaub, but that was deserving.
  6. Victory1993 Rookie

Moolah:
    $129
    Lets see how the colts game goes first then maybe we should bench him not just yet:evil:
  7. jplusip Starter

Moolah:
    $4,484
    I "It Sucks" it for you. I'd do it again if I could.

VY certainly brought some things to the Titans; leadership was not one of them.

We have solid leadership at the QB position now. After watching that video of CJ above, I don't see how anyone can say CJ hasn't lost a step/isn't playing anywhere near the level he was. In the first 5 clips I saw him breaking tackles, now if someone touches him he stops and falls down.
  8. jplusip Starter

Moolah:
    $4,484
    I disagree. We've given CJ 6 chances now. I think against the Colts would be the perfect time to experiment and see what Velasco and Harper can do at their respective positions.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.