Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

perfect draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by gkgtchey, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. griff33daddy Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $1,675
    im just throwing out suggestions...i wouldnt mind just trading back to the lions like everyone is saying and getting this

1.von miller-olb best available linebacker in this draft. he is versatile to play all 3 of the linebacker spots

2. stephen paea-steal for us if he falls this far cause of his injury but instantly upgrades our d line and gives us the option of moving jones to d end

2. ahmad black- has been compared to bob sanders minus all the muscle but is an all around talent and i believe he is the best safety in this draft in all around talent...plus anyone is better than chris hope

3. greg jones- is able to play inside and possible weak side backer can spell to miller if we needed too

i could also see us taking Stefen Wisniewski letting go of amano as he was awful last year

5. Chykie Brown- not the best corner from texas coming out of the draft but texas is known for having decent output of secondary players and at cb this is a needed upgrade or at least depth if not anything

5. greg mcelroy- came from a run style offense, nice build makes great short to intermediate passes only downfall with mcelroy is he doesnt have that strong of a arm for the deep ball but we are not asking him to come in and start right off the bat so with a year to be mentored and in the weight room he will develop the arm strength needed to succeed

6. terrance toliver- receiver from lsu has nice frame of 6'5" 206 lbs would be a nice receiver if developed right....can be the one to go get the ball and stretch the field as he was a track star too so he would take over for stone hands washington then we would have 3 young recievers of britt, williams, and toliver

7. either roy helu jr or john clay- both are big bruising backs and can spell cj if we dont think ringer can do it, but ringer impressed me from what little we have seen from him but i am leaning towards helu because of clays injury history and helu has the speed factor with him that clay doesnt if i remember so.

that can instantly help upgrade our team

2 linebackers that could each have the chance to start as rookies
    1 safety to replace no hope in making the tackle
    1 corner to compete for starting spot and provide depth
    1 dt that would be a steal for us and could come in and start and cause pressure
    1 qb that with a year or so under a vet would turn out to be a decent qb i think
    1 rb that is big that could spell cj
    1 wr that could take over for nate and provide us with speed to stretch the field and catch the ball better than nate
    1 ol that could come in and take over for amano as he looked terrible last year and i know we could of taken another offensive lineman but i think it was worth the sacrifice in the talent and holes filled with this draft

what do you think? i see it as very possible and would bring in alot of talent to our team i see ahmad black as being the next ed reed
  2. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,188
    hehe, everyone stole my idea. I posted a loooong time ago that I could see the Titans trading back to the Lions, so the Lions could get Amukamara. Now alot of people are predicting that. :grrhee:

But yeah, I like your suggestion. I'd like to see this though:

1st round - DE
    2nd round - QB
    2nd round - SS
    3rd round - OG
    5th round - LB
    5th round - RB

I'm decently happy with our LBs, McRath & Witherspoon are decent. Tulloch (if re-signed) is good. Rennie Curran was just a 3rd round pick last year. So I think we'll be alright at LB. However, at DE I do not see Babin coming back. That leaves our starters as Morgan and Hayes (the ONLY DEs on our roster). Yes, there is alot of DE depth in this draft. I wouldn't mind taking Von Miller, but if we do trade back, I don't think he'll be available at 13. I wouldn't mind a player like JJ Watt, Clayborn, or Heyward.
  3. THE_TITAN Special Teams Standout

George 2
    Moolah:
    $1,135
    I'm not convinced that Prince will fall to us so trading with the Lions is not a certainty. If we do then we'd have to think about Cameron Jordan, DE Cali. The guy was fantastic at senior bowl practices and would provide our defensive line with a great weapon. But I feel us taking DE in the first few rounds will only occur if Babin is not re-signed but I feel Babin will re-sign as he has clearly stated he wants to return.
  4. griff33daddy Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $1,675
    well i only did that so we could have more picks lol and i think our lb are good but everyone is saying we need more linebackers and miller is just a good talent you cant pass up and i think if we get someone like paea we could move jones to de and on the mock i was looking at it had ponder going to the bills ahead of us in round 2 so thats why i took mcelroy but if ponder is there in round 2 i would take him i wouldnt even mind takin mallet in round 2 as the character issues are rumors
  5. 24 Starter

Moolah:
    $36
    As long as we go defense in the first, I'll be happy. That means we don't overly commit to a mediocre QB prospect in the first, and we can draft Luck/Barkley/Foles next year if we suck.
  6. PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Moolah:
    $0
    First we need to figure out who our DC is. I want Winston Moss or Mangini which would mean a 3-4 and completely alter our draft strategy.
  7. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,188
    Both could do a 4-3 also...

Packers have ran a 3-4 since '09 when Capers came. Before that they ran a 4-3 and Moss has been on the team since '06
  8. griff33daddy Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $1,675
    why go to a 3-4 when all of our parts are going used to a 4-3?

i think we would still draft von miller as a 3-4 outside backer with our number 1 pick and paea in the 2nd cause he can be a end sign a big dt to take up space and draw double teams
  9. steverife Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,931
    I don't get the infatuation with the 3-4. The Falcons tried the 3-4 a few years back and it really set back the team.
  10. ScotTitan Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $677
    Von Miller in round 1 and Paea in round 2 would be a dream come true.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.