PC problem

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm a mac guy and mom has a pc. She calls me up and says everything she prints from IE is in code instead of what she is seeing on the monitor. I drop by and see it appears to be printing only source code.

I'm totally baffled. I can't find anything within IE which may have caused this. I wonder if it is the new Avast virus protection program she installed but don't know what that would have any influence.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

I'm at a relative's at the moment, but if nobody helps out before i come home again, i'll definitely see what i can find out, TJ.

3. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

Is it a new printer at all?

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

No. She's used it successfully for a long time. I'm able to print normally from all programs except IE.

5. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

Do you happen to know what type of printer it is?
    What type of IE?
    Have you considered firefox? :ha:

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

more evidence that
    a: Internet Explorer is garbage
    b: Windows is not much better

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Buy your mom a Mac
    :brow:

8. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

If she has upgraded to IE7, simply reset all the settings.

Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Reset (button)

This has happened to a few people i've seen, but simply resetting the options seems to work. It's not precisely known what causes it but doing that seems to restore it to the regular IE printing standards.

From what i can deduce from it all is that she has been using IE6 for the life of the printer [or IE5. idk the situation] and IE7 is a very problematic version to say the least. That would explain why it happened recently, considering IE7 came out fairly recently, and not everyone upgrades immeadiately.

Hope it works. :))

9. I've never seen that one before...

Time to move her to Firefox!

10. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

Haha. that's the best long-term. :))

hook her up with the titans theme we're working on in the lounge, too! :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar