Pacman Undecided on Season Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I think what he, Slackmaster, is/was trying to say is almost the same thing everyone else is saying, Pacman needs to be quiet and take the punishment. Appealing it is the same thing as fighting it or, in a way, voicing a negative opinion against the punishment. Take the punishment. Do what you have to do to get back in to the league. Pac is on thin ice, he could end up in the Canadian leaque for LIFE.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think he will sit on it, and then quietly appeal once the season starts. Nobody will care then because football will be the lead story. I'd say it's about 50/50 he gets it reduced to 8. No real blacklash if he lets it die down.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think for pac it is best to:

1. Leave it alone right now. Follow all the prescribed mandates to the letter.
    2. Consider an appeal if/when the LVPD, GA incident has played out.
    3. Avoid a civil suit against the NFL. Their pockets are way deeper, they could drain him completely of money in a suit and IF he won, it would only be for about what a premiere CB would get in a lifetim.
    4. Get busy doing community service.
    5. Dissociate from his other friends.

4. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Exactly...

The odds on it happening? Ha!:ha:

5. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Appealing means he doesn't "get it."

If he doesn't understand why this is happening to him, then he will not learn from it, and make the necessary changes.

The idea is not to teach him that he can do what he wants as long as he pays a lawyer, but rather to teach that he has to act responsibly, or he will no longer be an NFL player.

Appealing at all sends the signal to the league that Adam Jones is still trying to game them. Adam Jones needs to show contrition, not the arrogance that an appeal would demonstate.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think that is one reason he hasn't done it immediately. Give him some credit for that.

Personally, I also think there has been a lot of discussion regarding reducing the suspension from 16 to 10 games provided he does what has been mandated AND stays out of trouble. An attempted appeal would sour that deal that was apparently struck.

7. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

Respectfully disagree. He was given a very harsh "sentence," and letting it stand sets a precedent that NFLPA members might not want. Some folks might interpret his appeal as not "getting it," but it's a huge matter of principle if you look at the big picture.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

possibly showing pacman is a little more mature then the douche bag commish thought?

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Exactly. There's a big difference between appealing the ruling and the sentencing. It should not reflect negative on Pacman if he feels the punishment is too harsh and he wants appeal the length in hopes of getting it down to 7 or 8 (if he complies with the terms set forth). Besides, it's not like 2 or 3 games will make the difference between Pacman changing his way of living or not.

10. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I agree, I think just the fact that he's taking time to consider it, he could have just as easily come out and said 'this is bull****, no way I'm taking that' I think that would be my gut reaction, but whether or not it was his, it's not the first thing he said, which does show he might be coming around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar