Our offense w/ collins vs. young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

The screen pass to Chris Henry was over his head, SCREEN PASS!

I think what people are trying to say is that they are very disappointed that some guy can come in off the street who hasn't played in this offense for over a year and never with WRs and RBs, yet still look markedly better than Vince Young who has grown up over the last 3 years with this group of WRs and RBs.

I tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the guy working as an underdog, not the guy with phenomenal athletic abilities and zero humility, just a coaches perspective. Ramsey seems like a gym rat, he's always in Dinger's ear, Vince on the other hand is getting his talk on with Scaife:(

2. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

It would seem that Vince is the underdog here, as most here hated him after last season. Its funny really how much it affects people when he throws 1 td and 1 int. in a preseason and people act like he killed someone in their family.

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

This is all the playing time he's gonna get, and all we have to go on. Is it too much to ask the #3 Overall pick and your Franchise QB look fair/good against 2nd stringers? He's like the 3rd highest paid player on the team and he can't competently do his job against guys who do not start in this league......yes it affects me. And I'm from Texas, i'm supposed to have a man-crush on the guy! At least this is sending the message that you cannot just make it on physical abilities alone, too many kids were starting to let it effect their work ethics so they could play street ball like Vick/Young, the mental aspect of the game is more important.

4. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

The VY from his rookie season is not who we want. He was effective, and very fun to watch, but that simply isn't what you want out of your quarterback. I'd much rather have a game manager then a scrambler. What we want is VY to understand his role and be able to make good reads and passes. All he has to do is complete 13/20 passes, not throw picks, and use his god given ability to run the ball when needed. I put that in italics because the rookie Vince Young ran as a first option, we need someone to make the easy throw when its there and when it breaks down, fall back on those wheels and break off the huge plays we all love watching him make.

5. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

do yall not all understand how much of a difference chris johnson made or are yall to damn ignorant and just ignore the fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

thats totally incorrect, vince has not had the same wr's or rb's at all!!!! he had travis henry, then lendale white. he had drew bennet and bobby wade, then just brandon jones and roydell williams who both couldnt even stay on this team!!!!!

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Please don't be calling anybody ignorant while saying yall, and using the wrong form of "too/two/to"

8. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Go VY

9. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

Vince Young - 22 Interceptions.

Are you ignorant and just ignoring the facts?

10. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Don't forget the less than subtle use of exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar