Our greatest need (besides for a new coach)

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by J Falk, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

People may or may not agree that this is the greatest need, but not one of you can argue that the offensive tackle position doesn't need to be a main priority this offseason. It's never the most exciting thing in the world to talk about drafting a lineman in the first round, but sometimes it's exactly what your team needs. Lucky for us, there will be a plethora of tackles in the draft and in free agency. I don't know enough about the college guys yet, so I will just give you a few of the pros that are scheduled to be on the market come spring time.

RTs: Michael Oher, Rodger Saffold, Eric Winston, Zach Strief
    Mid-Grade: Byron Bell, Austin Howard, Geoff Schwartz, Breno Giacomini

LTs: Jordan Gross, Branden Albert, Eugene Monroe, Jared Veldheer
    Mid-Grade: Charles Brown

I personally think we should cut Stewart and sign a RT. I think Roos has a couple years left in the tank, and I really don't wanna risk a position change even though getting one of them elite left tackles would be sweet. This gives us the option to go elsewhere in the draft which would be great for us fans. Two years in a row with O-line in the 1st round could be devastating to ones psyche.

How do you think we should address the position?

2. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

We have enough rookies on the line.Check what Michael Oher is looking for, he is probably leaving Baltimore and could be had for just a little bit more than what big country is on.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. XO

XO Nevada Native

and he was in a movie with Sandra Bullock

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

yes and he is famous movie character ..bonus

5. Clint8

Clint8 Rookie

I say sign Oher in free agency and draft JuWaun James out of Tennessee in the 4th. James can play RT or LT in my opinion and I've heard people think he could go higher than this. If he is there, we take him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Oher isn't any good.

Just rebuild the OL through the draft.

7. J Falk

J Falk Starter

How dare you.

8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

He is ten times better than stewart though. And might take a discount to play closer to home.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

One main issue before we start drafting tackles. We need a capable O line coach. Bruce needs to gtfo.

• High Five High Five x 6
  10. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Munch, Bruce, Loggains, and whoevers coaching the linebackers and special teams....I hope this new Tommy guy has some balls. It would really suck if he's a puss that's afraid to fire people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar