Opinions on RB situation this upcoming season..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans10&25, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I think Vince might just lead the team in rushing yardage when it's all said and done... ;)
    I'd love to see both Lendale and Henry lay down some serious yardage this season but things are so up in the air right now a prediction would just be not much more than a guess..

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

And those fat guys probably could put up closer to Henry's numbers in college than lendales.

3. White has just gotta show his grit and determination, or that starting job for him is gonna get bleaker and bleaker...

4. Titans10&25

Titans10&25 Camp Fodder

I think that LenDale is only hurting himself. I was even pulling for him for this next yr. and when we got him in last yr's draft I was estatic, but because of the way he's been acting and not caring about anything (weight, conditioning, practice, etc.) I can't help but lose some of that likeliness towards him because it shows me that he doesn't care and isn't going to try and I CAN NOT stand players like that in sports.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It would mean no better than five wins for the Titans if it were to happen.

6. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Couldn't agree more. I've said a lot that Travis Henry started looking good only when our line solidified. With the line we have and Hall as the FB I think either Henry or Lendale could get the job done. Still wouldn't be surprised to see them pull Dillon from retirement just to be safe, though. If I were Reiny I'd do it just to give the Tennessean something positive to write.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

lendale suffered from don dayne-itis in college; holes you could drive a truck through.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HGVX4tFy6i0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HGVX4tFy6i0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

only a few LW clips on here, but he isnt touched until five yards beyond the LOS(at least) in all of them.

8. anyone could because lendale had a lot more yards than henry did...

but u are right bigtitan he did have some monster holes to run through, but that doesnt mean that he cant still be a dominant back, i just think that he falls down far to easily to be called a powerback

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

From what I remember of the Rose Bowl, it was Lendale who ground it out most of the game. Reggie Bush didn't do much at all until later in the 2nd half. He's still got a lot to prove, but I don't see why he couldn't be a little like Bettis. Maybe not going to be feared like LT, but he's a big guy :) who is faster and better on his feet than he appears. Not sure he has the toughness to force it up the middle like Bettis, but he's no hack, either.

10. yea the only thing that reggie did in that game was that 30 yard run where he was just absolutely flying, but lendale doesnt look like he runs through people and just keeps going very much

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar