Only 3 or 4 teams unbeaten after this week.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So after the first 3 weeks, we are amongst the top half of teams. If we beat the Browns next week (easily doable), then we will have started 3-1.

This is above my expectations. So far high praise for Hasselbeck and the defense. I guess this defense was better than what I thought, and/or Gray is having a big impact.

I guess I just wanted to state something positive since we have 2 VY threads, an idiotic thread calling for our coach to be fired after this season, also plenty of CJ bashing threads, and then last week's Rod Hood vs. Nick Harper discussion.. :boo:

Could someone please start a thread discussing the Browns for next week's game?

I can't help but be really happy watching the new coach and new QB out there. So far so good!

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We can win this game by 20 points. Cleveland is a bit banged up. Peyton Hillis is still sick, and that both Sheldon Brown and Josh Cribbs have groin injuries they'll have to push through to play. Even better is that NT Phil Taylor will be slowed down by an MCL sprain.

We'll have our hands full with Ben Watson and Montario Hardesty, IMO both are very underrated. And with Mr. Check Down McCoy throwing, those 2 guys will have some good numbers.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm not overlooking any team that we play. I made that mistake in the opener and Jacksonville decided they wanted to play the best defensive game they've played in the past few years and totally rain on our parade.

Cleveland is still Cleveland but our undisciplined defense showed flashes of its old self and that scares the sh!+ out of me. We have a lot to be proud of and we have a lot to work on. That said, we should match up well against Cleveland so this is gonna be a good game for sure.

Takes me back to the old AFC Central days.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

The team is gaining in confidence, post game interviews yesterday you heard players saying that they are a good team and flying under the radar of the rest of the league.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

Cleveland makes me nervous because the team has a tendency to play down or up to its opponents.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I agree, Cleveland is in a very similiar spot we are right now. I think our biggest edge is our veteran leadership. I give us a slight edge, but do not "expect" a win. Thats how the Ravens lost to us and how we lost to the Jags.

7. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

Titans will lead the AFC South at 4PM next sunday. Texans are going to get toasted by the Steelers and Titans are going to toast the Browns.

8. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

Cleveland doesn't have very good receivers so i expect our secondary to lock them down.

9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

How does Cleveland play down to their opponents? :lol:

[​IMG]

10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I see this being a close game...maybe 23-20 or something like that. If our O line starts to block (I have started sentences like this for 2 seasons now, so there is no reason to trust this will happen) for the run, I think that CJ can finally have his big game here (he needs to find his run game outside of Nashville IMO). Hassleback will also look good in this game IMO.

However, McCoy is a winner, so I do not see them laying down in this game.

Going to be tight...tighter than people predict IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar