Oklahoma Tornado

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Tennessy XO, May 21, 2013.

1. Tennessy XO

Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

Am I the only one with an irrational fear of these things?

This video stood out from the bunch, onions... My eyes are leaking.

uploadfromtaptalk1369153098983.jpg

I've witnessed a couple in person but have never actually been in one.

As a kid I did watch the downtown Nashville/LP Feild get wrecked from my dad's office on the southside in 1998? I think it was. Never forget that.
    A certain private school in the Antioch area decided it would be a good idea to dismiss school as the storms were approaching.

I was in Birmingham in 2011 when the storms hit. I was at UAB and the entire westside of Birmingham was missing under a gigantic cloud that looked like it was on the ground.

That same year a bunch of family and friends gathered for a cookout at my mom's house near Troy, AL.
    Everyone was having fun in the pool when it began to look like a storm was coming. All of mom's horses and dogs began running crazy through the pastures.
    The animals lost their ****, they rarely ever do that for a normal storm.

My brother then pointed to a bizarre looking cloud about a half mile away. It was twisting and began to twist faster and faster. Suddenly a funnel just came down to the ground, it wasn't big but it was one of the most eerie things I've ever seen.
    The sun was still shining, there was no rain but there was a tornado just a couple fields over. It stayed on the ground about 30 seconds and went back up into the clouds.

I hate tornados.
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

I live in Connecticut for this very reason. I dont like my sh*t getting thrown across my yard and into my living room.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

Probably. Since the fear should not be "Irrational"
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

I live in Illinois, this storm hit us later the night. From about 10pm-1am I could of sworn we had a tornado going on. Crazy winds & unstoppable rain/lightning. Knock my roommates motorcycle over (sucker! mine was in the garage). We've had a tornado touchdown about ten minutes south of me twice, once it did some severe damage and killed multiple people... that was in like 2002. Tornados are not cool, mother nature has been pissed lately.

In other news, Kevin Durant donated $1mil cash to the Red Cross. Nice gesture.
  5. The Hammer

I am in Southern Ontario and we are starting to get some effects. Being surrounded by Great Lakes keeps us relatively safe from Tornadoes. We get them but never en-mass like Tornado alley does. Thankfully.
  6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

That video is pretty touching, the little things in life. Makes me want to hug my dog lol
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

That woman seemed almost unphased by that tornado.
  8. The Hammer

9. The Hammer

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Everyone hates tornados... it's not really an irrational fear, but I'm not scared of them unless I'm driving through one or something of that nature.

Good to see an athlete actually donating "real" money to an organization rather than just $10k... which would be like me donating 50 cents.
    • High Five High Five x 2