Ohio State Imploding?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Yossarian, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Pyror and Co. are suspended for 5 games, Tressel is facing lying charges and Herbstreit is having to vacate the area due to rabid Buckeye fans. What's going on in Columbus insiders?

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

that suPKs, another dang yankee in Tennessee. Well at least his kids will grow up hunting and fishing and loving orange and the Titans

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Columbus hates Kirk Herbstreit and with good reason, he's a total hater who disguises it with being impartial. I'm not saying he has to be an annoying homer who offers absolutely nothing to ESPN (Mark May) but it seems like he either A. has some ill feelings towards OSU or B. is so concerned with looking like a homer that he actually hates on his own school.

Now I don't advocate any kind of violence or anything that some of the more rabid fans are doing but if any big school had an alumni on TV doing the same thing I have no doubt fans of that team would be doing the same thing. So this victim card he's playing is sickning to me. Seems like he's always picking against OSU even in toss up games just to appear unbiased.

I'm not the biggest Pryor or Tressel fan but Kirk seems to really hate them. Comparing Pryor to Clarett is a complete joke and highly irresponsible reporting. And what kills me is in the history of OSU QBs Kirk Herbstreit is barely a footnote. The guy was a horrible QB who was mainly a backup and when he did get his chance to start he failed miserably. Don't believe me? Take a look at his only season as a full time starter: http://www.totalfootballstats.com/Team_College.asp?id=121&Season=1992
    So it's not like he ever really did anything for us as a player, we didn't like him as a QB and don't like him now. It's possible to be unbiased and not hate OSU (see Robert Smith who actually had a successful college career).

As for the other guys. Well it's Pryor's last year so I mean it is what it is. He'll play 6 games next year (assuming his replacement doesn't play really well and his possible replacements could be good but their just freshman, except Bouserman who is just OK) and then he'll be done so whatever.

With Tressel I kinda hope he's gone. Sure he beats Michigan but big F'n deal, so does everyone at this point. They're a bad football team. But look at any big games he's coached in, in the past 5 years and tell me one big game you would watch and say, "Wow that was a well coached game." Even though we beat Arkansas it took some luck with our typical 2nd half collapse because Tressel likes to take the foot off the pedal.

To give you a better idea, it's basically like having Jeff Fisher as a coach. Everyone tells you how great he is but when you really watch you see the truth.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Something new comes out almost every day against Tressell. I'm loving it...

finally...

Hopefully they fire the vest and get Urban Meyer. 'Bout time this streak changes again...

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Did you ever think it's not just the coach but the fact that Michigan sucks?

6. Deuce Wayne

Uh...

Usually, when the team sucks in college FB it's due to the coach. Recruiting, scheme, etc.

You guys still never caught up- and now definitely wont. :) Especially once your wins are stripped. Guess that billboard can come down now...

[​IMG]

Even Penn State is feeling good.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

lol Stripping wins, my God you're desperate. I can't think of a more stupid punishment in all of sports or law. Yea we didn't beat the hell out of you last year, it didn't happen. Everyone saw it, but it didn't happen. Good luck with rooting for history to be rewritten. Michigan has gotten so pathetic. Shouldn't you be arguing with Indiana fans as to who's not the worst team in the Big 10?

8. Deuce Wayne

When you cheat, no one cares what you did over the span of time.

It becomes irrelevant.

Love that you guys are about to be in the basement overnight. It's gonna be beautiful.

9. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Proof that they were never deserving of those automatic championship bids they got for doing.. what exactly? Beating Michigan ..and ? That's what I thought.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

the arse whuppin's they got is even more proof

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar