Oh hey guys. College basketball and stuff. Also...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Mar 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I was waiting for the 1-3-1 I figure you throw a junk defense might have thrown UL off for a few minutes

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Sitting Trey Burke for so long is something I didn't understand- but then again, his replacement was lighting it up.

This game basically came down to Hancock's streak hitting 4 threes in a row. That did it.

Michigan was killing them and it looked like it was going to be a blow-out til that happened.

So I wouldn't so much say out-coached. One player just had a lucky few minutes... and that's all it took.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

The big thing is clock management at the end. They should have made sure they had at least 6 fouls earlier and they should have fouled way earlier in the shot clock. They wasted a solid minute just trying to get Louisville to the foul line.

They didn't give themselves a legitimate chance to come back at the end.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I think it was a poor coaching decision to sit Burke. Yes, Spike was lighting it up, but it wasn't going to last. Louisville is a team that makes runs, that is in their DNA and not unexpected. They needed Burke out there at least the last 5 minutes of the first half. Poor coaching decision IMO. He decided to ride the hot hand, instead of actually the better player. I also thought it was poor coaching in the last minute or so of the game. Louisville ran off like 20 seconds with a two score lead before Michigan decided to foul. Regardless, that Michigan team was really good. Louisville I thought was the best team going into the tournament, but Michigan could certainly compete. What sucks for Michigan, is they would easily be right there with UK and UL as the top teams in the country next year if there guys stayed, but most of their starting lineup is gone, and I am not sure they have the recruits like UK or UL where they can bounce back immediately.

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

People complained all tournament about the refs and Louisville, which I dont get. Yes, the Burke block on Siva was a bad call, but so was the obvious kicked ball they missed on Michigan. I think teams that press well people just want to complain about. But in reality, Louisville had more fouls called on them against Wichita St, and against Michigan. Hell, Michigan was in the double bonus halfway through the second half and Louisville's top 4 players all had 3 fouls with 10 minutes to go in the game. I think the officiating crap people had against UL was just more that UL plays a full court pressure game that people arent used to seeing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Well they hand-check. A LOT. And since they did it all year they got a pass as being an "aggressive" team. Which actually means... a fouling team.

And I heard it at least 4 times on tv/radio before the game "how will the refs call this one with Louisville? I mean, you don't want important players in foul trouble"... which screams foul-play, but it's to be expected.

Agreed on the foul situation/coaching that you guys mentioned.

and we're getting top 5 recruiting now, so hopefully that continues. People forget- Trey Burke was only ranked 14th among PGs. He wasn't a star recruit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar