Offseason

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Shane Wright, Feb 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I don't think signing him as a UDFA is a crazy notion. He's a 2nd-3rd round talent. UDFA contracts are very small with minimal risk. And hey, if he gets off (no put intended) and is free to play, we could have a great LB on our team.

Don't forget people said the same thing about Vontaez Burfict a few years ago. He went undrafted but lead the league in tackles two seasons ago.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

How I would fix the Titans:

Cut:

Michael Griffin
    Andy Levitre
    Shonn Greene

Sign in free agency:
    - Brian Bulaga – priority #1, throw as much money at him as it takes to get him here.
    - Devin McCoutry – Takes Griffin’s spot at safety
    - David Harris (Jets) OR Brandon Spikes (Bills) - either would be a great fit beside Williamson
    - Jason Worilds – It’s easy to say to go out and get Justin Houston, but I just don’t see how KC lets 22 sacks get away, Worilds is young and had 7.5 sacks last year (more than anyone on the Titans this past year I think) and played for LeBeau in Pittsburgh
    - Randall Cobb – Great complement to Wright and Hunter

Draft
    * Trade down – Jets move up to #2 from #6 for Mariota – We get their 2015 2nd & 3rd rounders and 2016 1st rounder

1st – Danny Shelton – NT – Washington – Gives us the pocket collapsing, run stuffing NT that we’ve lacked since Haynesworth
    2nd – Nate Orchard – OLB – Utah – Pairs up with Worilds as a nice pass rushing duo
    2nd – Marcus Peters – CB – Washington – Top 10 talent with huge off the field issues, worth the risk here
    3rd – Devin Smith – WR – Ohio State – Great deep threat and body control
    3rd – Josue Matias – OG – Florida State – Big dude who is already a better player than Levitre and much cheaper
    4th – David Cobb – RB – Minnesota – Really impressive at the Senior Bowl, he’s a bowling ball and great in short yardage a great replacement for Greene
    5th – Sean Mannion – QB – Oregon State – Gives us another option of a prototypical Whis QB, tall with a HUGE arm but a project
    6th – Zach Wagenmann – DE – Montana – Relentless motor & high effort guy, reminds me of VanDen Bosch, hard to find stats on him but from what I’ve seen he had 19 sacks this year
    6th – Jordan Taylor – WR – Rice – Gives us a big bodied WR option, 6’5, 204, great hands, my comparison is he’s a bigger version of Mariani

Summary:
    - At QB we have options between Mett and Mannion. Even if they both fail and don’t work out we have 2, 1st round picks in 2016 to use as ammo to move up to get the guy we want, in a better QB class
    - The o-line is immediately improved across the board, which should improve the running game and give our QBs more time to throw and more of a chance to stay healthy. Also, bringing in a new OG we can give Warmack the option of switching to LG, his college position (I'm assuming he's more comfortable there)
    - I’m having Huff start at SS in my lineup, I personally think he’s a great fit there, he’s a sure tackler and has the speed to cover at the position

Starting Offense:
    Line: Lewan – Warmack - Schwenke - Matias - Bulaga
    QB: Mett
    RBs: D. Cobb or Sankey
    WRs: R. Cobb, Hunter, Wright, Smith

Starting Defense:
    Line: Casey – Shelton - Pitoitua
    LBs: Orchard – Williamson – Harris – Worilds
    CBs: J. McCourty – Peters
    Safeties: D. McCourty, Huff

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Shane Wright

Shane Wright Special Teams Standout

With out off field issues the A.J is a 4th round pick.
    Until the guy is arrested, and his chargers are proven .. I want him on my team! He is very talented.

you sound stupid.

4. Shane Wright

If I didn't do my hwk, I would have had him being drafted ...

Cmon man! Keep up

5. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

Rape allegations, purchasing alcohol for minors, resisting arrest. With the crackdown the NFL is having with off the field concerns he is a big risk. He's not athletic at all, and is a liability in coverage. But he's from Tennessee! He must be good! I understand your guys mentality. Good thing I'm not from Tennessee or a Vols fan because My blinders are off.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. Shane Wright

Hahahaha I'm from Canada and don't even cheer for the vols. you aren't helping your argument haha

I put him as an UFA assuming he's charges go away. Everyone who is on this thread assumed that, I didn't think I had to explain that to you

7. Wolverine

Wolverine Starter

You don't cure locker room atmosphere by bringing in guys like this regardless if drafted or undrafted. Regardless if the charges or drop (probably will) this isn't his first run in with the law. He's not a fluid athlete at all. Has tight hips and leaves big cut back lanes. Watch him when he's 1 on 1 with a running back, gets juked out of his shoes. Doesn't trust what he sees and lacks instincts. Not a good block sheadder. He's big and fast that's about it. Moves sideline to sideline and will lay a big hit every now and then.

So don't go getting all butt hurt because you just happen to be the one I called out. I've seen him on people's mocks around here in the middle rounds. All I can do is SMH.

If he was more like Paul Dawson than I could pass on the character concerns. Johnson isn't even in the same breathe as him or burfict.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar