Official College Football Season Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Eddyc85, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Okay so are we switching from the talk of Boise St to SEC vs Big 10 now?

2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Erick, using the "It sucks" button doesn't replace a valid argument. It's like sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting, "La, la, la, la, la!"

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

If you are going to frame an argument, I'll let you borrow my hammer. If you wanna talk about 2006, we can talk about 2006. You know, that season Alabummer went an embarrassing 6-6 while Boise State went on to a perfect 13-0 and went on to win the Fiesta Bowl. Since when did a win become less meaningful because of the margin. A team that wins close games is a product of an extremely well coached team. There were no cheap wins in 2006...

Speaking of: Lets talk about cheap wins... You know, that gift Alabummer got when a true freshman QB got his first meaningful playing time in the national championship game. I'll give the SEC credit. They practically beat a high school QB for the national championship. Roll Fraud!

But don't mind me... You guys continue the SEC circlejerk while they keep getting exposed by something called Jacksonville state community college.

4. The Playmaker

hahahahaha oh my god the most pathetic post ever! Seriously? Boise State has the crappiest schedule out of the Weak *** Conference while we're in the SEC. I thought some fans were bad but Boise fans? I mean wow if you want to talk about the past let's bring up those 13 national championships we have how about that? How about going undefeated last season and winning. Oh and those cheap wins? It's called football, if McCoy can't handle getting hit then that's his fault. Maybe the Texas RB's should've stepped up or their defense. Oh and that's real cool of you to keep bringing up Ole Miss, I'm pretty confused which makes me think you have no argument or defense about anything except for Boise barely beating a crap VT team.

I'm glad Boise has a blue field can't wait for Bama to go piss on it.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Alabama actually looks legit this year- so they'll probably crash and burn.

Last year they were the worst top 5 team in the country and Colt McCoy gave it to them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He's the real deal as long as he's in the SEC.

He couldn't handle it in the big 10 and transferred.

7. The Playmaker

Must suck to be a Michigan fan...

8. The Playmaker

Or he wised up and left the program.

9. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

I probably need to take that hammer away from you so you'll quit hitting your thumb.
    Yeah, Alabama went 6-6 in '06, I won't make excuses, just point out that they were on the back end of NCAA sanctions. But they did have to play more than two BCS teams that year, in their regular season schedule.

A win becomes less meaningful because of margin A) when you are touting your team as a National Championship contender B) when you only have to get up for one or two games a year, and C) since the beginning of college football rankings.

I seem to remember an Alabama player knocking Colt McCoy out of the game, no? I guess the rest of the game shouldn't count. Poor excuses for a fan of a second-tier team.

I'm only talking about Alabama. BTW, are you watching Javier Arenas dominate SD tonight? How's Legedu Naanee doing?

10. The Playmaker

How did Kyle Wilson do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar