Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Official 2013 Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Titan Cup/Fantasy Football' started by SawdustMan, Aug 30, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 5 users.
  1. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $48,015

Personally I would go with go with Eli... Panthers secondary is awful. Eagles ain't much better, but Smith will be forced to keep up with Vick.

I like the Eagles to win tonight. I hate that Reid is going to get a standing boovation though.
  2. CaseyTrain Starter

Casey
    Moolah:
    $1,033
    Don't worry I went with my gut and started eli. He should be able to do better than 14 points
    RavensShallBurn high fives this.
  3. SawdustMan Starter

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $10,148
    Well, after the "Luck over Vick" debacle from last week I finally started Vick this week.... and he had 3 turnovers and by far his worst fantasy performance of the season.
    :whack:

This is why I typically try to grab a truly elite QB early in the draft. I hate having to choose between two above-average guys who are up one week and down the next. Feels like you're always chasing last week's numbers. It's nice to just have a Rodgers or Manning that you can start with confidence each and every week.
    RavensShallBurn high fives this.
  4. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $48,015
    I targeted Matt Ryan in the 5th throughout all my leagues. If he wasn't there I went with Kaepernick. If Kaep wasn't there I waited at least a round and went with either Stafford or Wilson.

But Matt Ryan in the 5th is pretty much the best value you can find for a QB. People also called me retarded for favoring Ryan over Brady this year... yea, how's that looking now?
  5. SawdustMan Starter

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $10,148
    Okay, I have a tough one here. I'm 0-2 in this league and really need a win. I need to start two of the following:

- Demarco Murray
    - Joique Bell
    - Julian Edelman

For the sake of this discussion, let's assume Reggie Bush is out. And this is a PPR league. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm thinking Murray might be the odd man out here(?). He was downright awful last week.
  6. Dman Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $7,797
    edelman is getting his touches, brady will get him the ball. Tampa plays zone so that matchup works. I would go with murray as well. Bell is odd man out
  7. onetontitan Fire, walk with me.

Verner
    Moolah:
    $1,465
    What do you think about starting Trent Richardson? He JUST joined the team. Do you think I should give it a week or so, considering that he's splitting carries with Bradshaw?
  8. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Kearse
    Moolah:
    $588

i'm faced with that decision. I can go with either Ryan Mathews (I can't recall who he's up against :) ), or T-Rich as my flex ... I decided to go with Richardson. I figure the Colts will want him to do something after making such a splashy trade (maybe throw him the goal line carries). And... I don't want to be have any rooting interest in Ryan one T this weekend.
  9. titanbuoy medium rare ®

Kearse
    Moolah:
    $588

FWIW I'd go with Murray and Bell (I didn't check Murray's match-up, but I know Edelman is up against the Buc's D which has been decent)

Ahhh... reread your post (for the first time apparently lol) PPR... I'd go with Bell and Edelman (unless Murray has a sweet match-up).
  10. onetontitan Fire, walk with me.

Verner
    Moolah:
    $1,465
    Darren McFadden or Andre Johnson?