Observation: Bench Collins Now

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheWarriorTitan, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWarriorTitan

TheWarriorTitan Camp Fodder

I believe all of we fans need to take a long hard look at what ails this organization. This loss is a typical Titans loss we all know it as it’s happened to us a lot. Why does this always happen to us, I’ve pondered this for quite a long time, and I think I have gained a little insight into the problem after watching tonight’s awful performance.

Kerry Collins absolutely must be replaced. As long as Kerry Collins is the Quarterback we will never win a Super bowl. I realized throughout the game, as I’m sitting on my couch and calling out the exact plays we will run, if I can do it you better believe the Steelers can too. We don’t play to win, we play not to lose and that is a huge fundamental flaw.

The QB play was just pathetic tonight, as in every big game we ever play. If we get the ball inside the 5, its run three times and punt, and we did just that twice. Later Pittsburgh is desperate to stop us and brings basically the whole team three times straight and forces in completions. Has that moron Collins ever heard of a screen or a pass to the flat to the best threat on our team CJ? No, instead he runs away and he does 7 step drops, all three times????? CJ, our best weapon by far gets only 16 touches?? LenDale was in there way too much, he’s just not a game breaker, and you must have your best players on the field in big games. I know it was Collin's first real game sober but c’mon. Ben Roethliswigger makes mistakes only when he’s pressured, and we rush 3 and 4 basically the whole 2nd half! Pitt blitzed Carrie and he choked.

A lot of you will think I’m crazy for calling for Collins to be replaced but really take an objective look at the situation, has anything changed at all or is it just status quo? Ask yourself who’s to blame when we continually lose games were we should easily win? The only constant in this equation is Collins. Neil O'donnell is just sitting out there watching TV, Bud needs to throw the Farm at him or even put in VY for that matter. I don’t care whom, just someone who has proven they know how to win games they should win.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Play calling was more of an issue really. Collins was accurate. Never drawing up any screens to combat the blitzes was just horrendous coaching. We got ate up alive in the preseason by screens because we blitzed.

..So did our coaches not learn something? And it's not the first season this has been an issue..I think the staff literally does not know how to draw up good screen plays. Disgraceful.

4. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

I'm sure he's sippin on some Jack Daniels right now..

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I honestly don't see how we'll win a playoff game, let alone a superbowl with Kerry Collins at quarterback...

6. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

Can we just close this thread? It will do no good.

Collins threw for 244 yards on the best defense and you say he sucks!

COME ON!

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Observation: Observation threads are worthless.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I just re-read your post. Dude. Your whole third paragraph is solely on the coaching staff. Collins had jack sh*t to do with everything you mentioned in 3rd paragraph. Seriously?

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

For some reason he just copied all that was said in the "Observation: Fire Fisher" thread, but swapped words to make it about Collins...

I can't figure out what the point was, or if there even was one. But yeah...

10. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

I think it was to point out how stupid the other thread was.

People with agendas can make anything sound good. :irked:

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar