Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Obscure Stats You Love

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RealestWhiteBoy, Oct 5, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Dman Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $8,097

I agree with that for the most part but I think some credit needs to go to a defender. If a receiver gets his hands on the ball and the defender makes an excellent play to knock it out, I wouldn't consider it a drop.
  2. RealestWhiteBoy Rookie

Bironas
    Moolah:
    $441
    I agree. I ball terribly overthrown and you jump and get a fingertip on it isn't a drop ... but if it's catchable, you should catch it. And there's no excuse for an NFL WR to get 2 hands on it and not catch it, regardless of anything.

A defender gets his credit in the deflection or passes broken up or % of passes completed when he is in defense of the receiver. A WR should get a negative stat for getting his hands on it and allowing the defender to remove it from him.
    CJtheBeast high fives this.
  3. 520 Starter

Moolah:
    $5,162
    pancake blocks!
    • Tip Jar Donor

Brew City Case Race Champion

Casey
    Moolah:
    $2,803
    A stat I always liked was missed tackles. It really is a big part of the game as it shows missed opportunities to stop the opponent. Titans were near the top in missed tackles last year and it really showed as we had a historically bad defense last year.
  4. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,246
    Uniform violation stats!
    • Tip Jar Donor

Childress79 Loungefly ®

George
    Moolah:
    $632

I remember being frustrated that the drop stats for McCareins didn't match what I was seeing in games. If its a catchable ball it should be recorded as a drop.