Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Norm Chow FIRED

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by OswegoTitan41, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 8 users.
  1. desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Moolah:
    $0
    Your right,nows the right time to fire if you want to get a quality coach before they are all hired.
  2. GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Moolah:
    $0
  3. desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Moolah:
    $0
    You make valid points. Hopefully the terminology will be the same, it'd be a big help. Tho we need Vince focusing on other areas, not learning a whole new playbook.;)
  4. Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Moolah:
    $13

If I remember correctly it had more to do with just wanting the starting job handed to him, and his lying to Fisher.
  5. Bobo Guest

I think it may be a good move, but it's not so clear. It's obvious to me that part of the reason the O was bad is lack of talent. I questioned Chow's calls sometimes, but I honestly don't know if I wouldn't call out most other OC's calls about the same. I've watched many games where I wondered what the hell the OC was thinking.

Chow didn't look really bad to me, and it's got to be a tough decision to change an OC with a young QB....so this seems kinda odd.
  6. Bobo Guest

He said that? I must have missed it. Got a link or anything? I thought it was all about Volek vs Fisher.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 I'm a mean old man

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,973
    I think it had a lot to do with Fisher getting his feelings hurt. :clown:

I do think I remember something about Volek saying Chow's offense sucks, but I'm not 100%.

Just find it ironic that Volek gets run out of town and two years later... Well, guess no one can succeed in Norm's O.

(All along I figured Volek ****ed Fisher's wife or something along those lines)

I bring up Volek a lot, and I know most people don't like him and I'm not sure he really would ever have much success as a starter. But it is one of the biggest incidents that started me really not liking Fisher as much as I used to. I think Fisher looked like the bigger chump out of the whole incident, but I know I'm in the minority on that opinion.

However I think it makes Fish look even more like a chump if he is validating what Volek complained about with Chow's O.
  7. desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Moolah:
    $0
    Interesting,"another direction" Jeff said to him. Maybe the pennys finally dropped and after seeing other teams throwing the ball around he's decided i want a bit of that. I know he loves his fisherball but who knows? ,he might be changing his mindset.I live in hope.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 I'm a mean old man

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,973
    Ok, I'm searching for a link on the Volek deal....

Meanwhile, I found this which I find funny... nice addition to the Norm Chow legacy....

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9628685/rss

"Offensive coordinator Norm Chow said Collins has been such a quick study he believes the veteran could be ready for the opener on Sept. 10 against the New York Jets. "

Yeah, Collins was really prepared to start the 2006 season! LMAO.
  8. DJB Starter

Verner
    Moolah:
    $559
    Well there should be a rule: The offensive coordinator of any team whos kicker is All-Pro should be fired.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.