Nobody is getting fired (Bud speaks on VY/Fisher)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TxTitansFan

TxTitansFan Camp Fodder

He needs to be put down, but for keeping a coach that has a worse overall winning percentage than Wade Phillips.

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

No owner worth anything is going to fire his coach or QB at 5-5 only down 1 game in the division. That's just silliness.

To me Bud's statements effectively put Fisher on notice, though. He was emphatic that Vince will be back. He stated the Fisher is under contract - he never stated that Fisher would be back (at least not that I saw).

3. CollinsQB

CollinsQB Rookie

Think guys 5-5, ONE game out of first, the chance to win the division sitting out there waiting for us, Indy banged up, this is the time, let them worry about coaching / players in the off season, hold it together NOW to go for it. Let JF show us he can coach and VY show us he can play and there is still time.

4. TxTitansFan

TxTitansFan Camp Fodder

Fisher has won only 5 playoff games, and if you take away the 99 season, it would be 2. The guy is a joke, and it's time to move on.

5. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

If I was in Executive management with this company, I would be seriously negotiating my contract buyout now. If an employee is insubordinate, and the CEO doesn't back his long time, trusted manager, that would be enough for me. I like Fisher, but he needs to shove it in that crazy dude's face. I'd tell Bud to F@@k off.......coach this prima-donna/Diva yourself.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Ban him.

jk but seriously stop.

7. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Grandpa had to take up for his grandson because dad was being too strict on him. Smart to tell Vince we're going to pay you a lot of money no matter how you act. I feel sorry for Fisher, how is he suppose to win a super bowl with a dumb owner saying things like this?

8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

9 of his 10 last threads have been VY trolling threads.

9. drawingguy

drawingguy Camp Fodder

Yeah, cut it out. I want room for more VY sucks articles... :lol:

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I agree Vince needs to be punished somehow - I'd support a suspension this week, even if it's against Houston. I wouldn't agree he has a history of doing this though... he has a history of letting his emotions get away from him, but that's different than what he did in the locker room. He's never disrespected a coach before.

But yea, I'm impressed with Bud's handling of this... so far the only one I'm impressed with. He has to make them work together for now. A SB win would put this all to rest, and missing the playoffs or an ugly playoff showing will revive it. Let the season play out and see who, if anyone, needs to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar