No comments on Schwartz?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

so having peter sirmon covering brian westbrook man to man isnt scheme?

letting drew bledsoe sit back there and pick us apart with a four man rush isnt scheme?

having pacman jones, who excels in man to man, in zone isnt scheme?

2. i blame schwartz

3. Fry

peter sirmon 7 years
    keith bulluck 7 years
    chris hope 5 years
    laboy 3 years
    haynesworth 5 years
    r smith 7 years
    KVB 6 years
    thornton 5 years
    thompson 5 years
    pacman 2 years
    hill 2 years

sorry, we're not young anymore. youth is no longer an excuse.

jacksonville is the next youngest team in the league right behind us when it comes to average age.

4. Fry

did i mention jacksonville has five defensive players out with injury, and at one point they were missing marcus stroud for a five game stretch?

do you know what their defensive rankings are? 3rd in overall defense, 6th against the run, 5th against the pass and 3rd in scoring defense.

5. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

sorry you waisted all your time looking those up... Now go and look at the ones that have 3 or fewer yrs experience. The Titans are still the second youngest in the league and it's mentioned all the time during games and on sportscenter and nfl channel... It's about the olny pub we get so it must matter some. You need to take off you homer blinders and wake up.

6. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

rcarie what side of the Schwartz fence will you be on next week?

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=22251

Our Defense is embarrassing. I've given Schwartz every chance to redeem himself. No more passes. He needs to go!

When you have guys like Bulluck say things like: "we practice things all week and then come out and they don't work." Talk about calling out the coaches? Ouch! Fisher should take over the D. There needs to be a change now!!

7. Fry

i looked up the starters because the rookies see very little time and you know it. the only time they get on the field is when a starter goes down, which has been rare this season.

all the guys i didnt list before

woolfolk 4 years
    fuller 2 years
    finnegan r
    nickey 4 years
    king 2 years
    bockwoldt 3 years
    nande r
    tulloch r
    amato 4 years
    savage 2 years
    starks 3 years
    brown 2 years
    scott 5 years
    woods(recent addition) 5 years
    mahelona r
    odom(injured most of the year) 3 years
    lowry r

i mean seriously, most of those guys are on the field a handful of times on defense. especially on the d-line rotation. i am sorry, i dont consider 3 years in the league young. you're veteran at that point.

8. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

3 years is the bench mark used by anylist all over... Sorry you don't agree with it. You obviously know more than them. Not to mention, it's depth that matters here not just the starters. Look at other teams and see what kind of players they have that come off the bench and that play most often.

So let me get this straight.... We had good players and we were good. We let a lot of them go. Then we got really bad. You don't see a correlation here??

9. Fry

you did see my jacksonville post, right?

10. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Yeah.... Saying they're right behind us doesn't tell me much. I doubt they are that close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar