NFLPA talks About Mishbehavior Policy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LT21Titans27, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I highly doubt he'll be cut..
    I think the franchise will leave this one to the courtroom. If he's proven guilty then he'll be in prison so obviously he won't be playing for the team in 07, but if he's cleared then i pretty much think he'll continue to be a Titan next season.

I simply don't see the team cutting ties with him.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we'd look pretty bad if we cut him, he is found innocent, and someone else picks him up and he stays clean.

3. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

Could not agree more, Pitbull.

Ewker...if the contract is guaranteed we are talking about real money, not just bonus cap money. I am sure any team that has to write the check would prefer not to write that large check. You must be very wealthy to give so little thought about writing a 5.5 million check.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Don't worry, we could get all that money back. Apparently, in one night's take as a stripper, you can bring home $81,000.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

look it up in today's Tennessean. If the team has 30 million dollars in extra cap money writing off 5.8 million isn't hard to do

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No doubt living up to LenBuddism :brow:

7. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

Look it up again...it is not total write off. Write off, being money already paid.
    A check for the next two years would have to be written, I forget the exact amount, but it would be around 3.3 million. 2.2 million would be a write off against the cap for past bonus. This year and the next are guaranteed, around 3.3 million.

8. Twelfth Man

Twelfth Man Guest

NFL contracts are not guaranteed. The only guaranted money is the signing bonus.

And Gloat, if there were NFL quality players at Christian colleges, they would be recruiting there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar