NFLPA talks About Mishbehavior Policy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LT21Titans27, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2776549

"That surprised me," Upshaw said. "But there was a feeling in the room that the same guy can't be in the wrong place at the wrong time three or four times."

Sound like theyre getting serious about this

The part that was even wierder to me was, out of the top players that showed up, LEndale White was there, makes you wonder what hes been doin this offseason

But regardless of White, it seems theyre watching PacMan and theyre not happy

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

I hope they dont suspend him

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

They won't. It's an off-field issue. The team can suspend him if they choose (they won't either). Basically it's up to the law. Worse thing he's in for is assault, and this is the NFL. Assault charges are as common as right hands.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Eh. I think you really have to take it case by case. If you have two strikes, and people know a third will put you out of the league, you've got even more problems, cause the lunatic is gonna make sure it happens. Big money ensures it. Lunacy ensures it. You gotta go case by case.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I too was suprised Lendale was there. You'd think a Titan would be there to represent, but Lendale is an odd choice. Maybe representing rookies. Not sure.

By the way, this could be called the pacman rule.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

you also have to take into consideration what would constitute a strike.

is being a witness a strike? obviously since the league already fined pacman for just having his named mentioned. what about a parking ticket? it's illegal, but is it worth a strike?

does the league wait until the hearing/trial before they give the player a strike, or do they just give it to him, only to to find out six months later he was not involved(like they have done with fines)

7. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Players are employees.

Even Fortune 500 executives get tossed overboard when they give their company bad press.

Thugs give the whole sport bad press.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Then maybe, the sport should start recruiting at christian colleges.

9. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

Yes, they do and I am not disagreeing with you. Just pointing out that...Fortune 500 executives get paid buy outs and Pac would be looking for over 5 million since I have been told his contract is guaranteed.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

like the local paper said today, if you're gonna cut him now is the time since they have lots of money to cover his guaranteed money

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar