NFL vs NCAA Football

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Apr 10, 2013.

?
  1. NFL

33 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. NCAA

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  3. I enjoy both equally

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. God'stitan

God'stitan Camp Fodder

Right, that's Fffin fstick stupid

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I liked me some Nashville Kats Arena Football back in the day

Thanks Bud!

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

One of my friends lives in Ottawa and he's always tweeting about the CFL, as if anyone cares. I make fun of him so bad. He also once called uniforms "outfits". LMAO

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Thats part of the reason I was never a Vol fan. Its like that in Memphis also. No one is a Titans fan, but you see plenty of U of M, Arkansas, and Ol Miss fans. Pro teams are up in the air. Maybe saw a handful of Titans gear.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

LMFAO

ugh, totally unrelated but when I used to work on helicopters we had a guy refer to the rotors as 'props' like the blades on an airplane. :disappointed:

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Ok you asked which do I like to watch better.

I actually have a serious attachment to both but I would say the Titans are like 51 to Vols 49 in my heart. (ok leave 1% for Auburn)

I don't know what your life experience has been in Knoxville but mine was pretty incredible.

There is the sense of family and belonging with a university that you attend and were a part of vs. being a fan of a pro team. I took classes with some pretty major historical volunteer players. I'm saying this is true with most colleges, but of course gamedays in Knoxville are a major part of the experience of living there.

I don't know, I get what you are saying to degree, but I did not get any "hate" the nfl vibes. It was simply that the Vols mattered whereas what happened in the NFL did not. Actually, I'd say a majority of people I knew watched some NFL on Sunday or Monday night.

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

What years were you there?

Tennessee was pretty terrible during my stay, the end of the Fulmer era. Always had a blast though, win or lose.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

the typical college fan has a direct link too the institution

the typical NFL fan lives in the immediate region and the nature of the NFL precludes any direct link too the team.

Now in the south fans treat the SEC basically the way the rest of the country treats the NFL. SEC fans mostly live in the region of their favorite team and do not have a direct link to the school. I understand that a ton of SEC fans went too their favorite school, but I still think they are swamped by the regional fans

9. XO

XO Nevada Native

I guess that is true. The SEC is a cultural thing but it still bothers me from time to time.

You don't know how many times I just want to ask the millions of Alabama, Tennessee and Georgia when they attend the school or worked at the school or even donated a dime to the university.

I know asshats in East Tennessee that haven't taken the first credit hour at UT or stepped foot in the state of Indiana, yet the bleed orange and cheer for the Colts.

Rage

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

The tough thing about that is that if you are a football fan, you probably built ties well before you went off to college. I'm a Penn State fan and have been one since I was a little kid in the late 80's. It would have been cool to go there, but I knew that I wanted to live in East Tennessee and I got a full scholarship here. It would have been folish to go $120k in debt to support a football team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar