NFL Trade Deadline Dealing

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Oct 27, 2013.

?

Who should we pursue to help us for this second half run?

1. Offensive playmaker.

27.3%
  2. Defensive playmaker.

45.5%
  3. No need, go with the guys we have.

27.3%
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Tuesday October 29th is the NFL Trade Deadline and there have been a few names thrown out there by PFT and SI like Larry Fitzgerald, Darren McFadden and even Jared Allen. Considering we're in a win now situation who should we pursue to help us make a run in the second half of the season?

Jared Allen would be a legit difference maker on a D like ours. He would give us a serious pass rushing threat that would help out our DTs, LBs and secondary. Casey could do some serious damage with a legit DE taking some of the heat off of him like Allen could.

I used Allen as an example. Who else out there should we seriously considering making a move for that could significantly help us make a run?
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

I'd make a serious move for Allen. Isn't too old, still very effective and durable. Most of all, he is proven in a couple of systems. For one of the 'premier' positions, I would not mind overpaying here because it is a position of need.

I doubt it happens though.

Maybe we could trade them CJ, Britt, and a first for Allen......
    • High Five High Five x 2
  3. Big Time Titan

I totally agree definitely worth the risk. According to SI Minnesota wants at least a 3rd because they expect to get a compensatory 3rd when he leaves in FA in the offseason. I think that a guy like that would do wonders for our D.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I can't really say one over the other (offense/defense). I'd take a playmaker on either side of the ball as long as the price was right.
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

I don't think a playmaker could come in on offense and be effective. That is why Allen, IMO, would be a good deal.

granted we do not have a third, but maybe we could give them a 4th this year and something next year.
  6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

How about we throw another $20mil at an offensive lineman.. :rolleyes:
  7. Big Time Titan

I think that a legit pass rusher at DE or a monster DT would make our D 2008 good. Outside of Larry Fitzgerald I can't see a lot of offensive stars that would make much of a difference for us.
  8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'd really like to have Josh Gordon, but I'm sure the asking price is too high.

Down with Allen, but a 3rd is too high for a guy who will be a FA in the offseason. You can't give up more than a 5th for him, and even then it's a stretch because you know he'll probably be gone next year.
  9. Big Time Titan

True. Plus WR is actually one of our strongest groups. It's hard enough to get the guys we have right now enough balls.
  10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

trading for Allen would be under the assumption we could sign him long term.