NFL Records Discussion

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Many people have often compared Peyton Manning and Tom Brady to a couple of quarterbacks who dominated the game a generation before them.They are often mentioned along with Joe Montana and Dan Marino.I have noticed that Manning is about to pass Marino's record for TD passes this next season and Brady is set to pass Montana also this next season in the TD passes category.

Peyton Manning has 399 for 3rd place and Dan Marino is 2nd with 420

Tom Brady has 261 TD passes in 10th place not far from Joe Montana with 273

both records will be broken this season most likely.

Favre has 508 TD passes for the lead so i think if Manning plays four or five more years he will break that mark.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

3. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Without the interception record.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If Peyton Manning could win one more title I'd acknowledge him as the best QB ever.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I wanna see how the game evolves first. If Manning has another above average instead of great season there's some other QB's that are on his heels (Brady and Rivers for example).

If I had to pick a QB in the league now it'd be Manning though. Maybe not the most exciting pick, but he's damm efficient.

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Being a UT fan I really wish I could pull for Peyton. It would be so much more convenient if he was in the NFC. But being in the AFC South makes it impossible to pull for him. I see all things football through my 2ToneBlue Titans glasses. But maybe he'll get all those TDs and championships out of the way while we're rebuilding our team and in 2 or 3 years he'll call it quits.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Tom Brady has the stats and championship rings for anyone to say he's the No.1 active QB. But what Manning does is something else. If he were to simply add another title to his resume, I'd consider him the best just because of how he operates. Brady's 3 beat Manning's 1 all day, but if Manning were able to win a Super Bowl convincingly, I'd have to change my 1 and 2 best QB's.

As for Rivers, he's down there behind Big Ben, Rodgers, & Brees.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Manning is a stat whore. His stat's are padded. He throws if he needs more passing yards, even if it's wiser to run the clock down...

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

i'll be honest if it flat came down to it i'd have to say Manning is who i fear more than Brady.I have never seen one person dominate a game like Manning has at the QB position.If opposition were winning by five points with under a minute left and Manning got the ball then he is going to score and beat that defense to win the game before the buzzer because he is that good.

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i think Peyton is why the colts havent won more Superbowls. things revolve around him to much imo. theve never had a home run RB or a killer defense. it all goes throuhg Peyton and thats all you have to game plan for. I think Peyton is why they didnt make it last season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar