NFL QB rating after week 2

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big TT, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Yeah, I said the vast majority of a game. One drive against the Cardinals is not the vast majority. Vince Young got hurt against the Chargers after completing less than half of his passes.

Try again though.

Anyone who didn't see a difference in the way Matt Hasselbeck ran this offense against the Ravens than VY or KFC ran this offense in the last five years is blind. Even the coaches see it.

After the Baltimore game.
    “We feel like we have enough weapons with No. 8 on offense that we can do some things that we haven’t been able to do in the past,” Loggains said. “This is what we should be able to do.”
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/28201/with-precise-quarterback-britt-shines-for-titans

2. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Arizona was the the majority of the game....theres still almost 300 yards unaccounted for if you take out the one drive.

There is two tds that Vince should of had if Kenny Briit doesn't pull a hamstring and Jared Cook doesn't drop a gimme.....plus boosts his completion perentage to 60%....against the premeire pass defense last year. You will also notice they opened up the offense in that game.

If you can't see how they tried different things on offense than in the past and used more wide open offensive sets makes you blind.

I saw the same talent being shined when the titans actually got away from the run and allowed a quarterback to throw.

What happens when that ugly interception to end the game against Jacksonville determines if we get into the playoffs or not?

3. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Also, you crack me up.

If I remember correctly, you bashed Vince for using play-action and lobbing balls up, yet when Hasselbeck does it, he's a great quarterback.

FYI, Paul K is the Skip Bayless of hating Vince Young.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I don't want to start a VY debate. He's not a Titan anymore and we're only dividing ourselves by bringing it up.

Hasselbeck played a great game last Sunday. But, like the week before, lets not get too crazy about our predictions just yet. For the sake of our team, I hope Hasselbeck becomes a great QB for us. Tops in the league. But he's had one below average game and one really good game. Let's see how he responds to a few more opponents.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Forget about Vince Young everybody, he's not our problem.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Hasselbeck and Britt looked like Manning to Harrison, like they've been hooking up for 7 years last Sunday.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I bash Vince Young because he sucks.

I also never said Matt Hasselbeck was a great quarterback, but thanks for putting words in my mouth.
    I agree. I just posted the article so everyone knew it was an actual quote.

Fact is you chose two games in two years. We're two games and about five weeks into the "culture change" and we're already at the status quo for the season.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I'm not sure how reliable the formula is. I do believe that the passing rating is a very good way to judge passing effectiveness but that doesn't take into account sacks, fumbles or rushing yards.

How does Cam Newton get a negative score for rush?

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

my understanding is that it is kinda the way football outsiders does. Takes into account success in the situation presented.

Not much credit for checkdown charley play, while NFL QBs a long time ago discovered checkdown charley can achieve a good Passer Rating, not great but good.

As for negative rushing I can only assume he had a fumble or something I really don't know. Hows the ride swinging from sCams nut sac?

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Keep VY out of the forums. Please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar