Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

NFL bans goalpost dunks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Mar 25, 2014.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. CalgaryTitansFan Starter

George 2
    Moolah:
    $1,911
    This is absolutely pathetic. Back to back years where they've eliminated some form of celebration. I love seeing that kinda stuff as a fan.
    titan520 high fives this.
  2. Psychop1 Big Tee

Washington
    Moolah:
    $4,754
    That's kind of what I was thinking, a safety issue, but I hadn't really seen it mentioned. When I first heard they were looking into this, I immediately thought about Nate dunking and messing up the landing on his already gimpy ankle.

That said, the fact that they are pushing this because of the potential to damage the goal posts (which as mentioned, has already happened) worries me about the flimsy goal posts. They are made of steel, stand as tall as a four story building, yet a 250 pound man can damage one by touching it. Sounds like a different type of problem to me.
  3. LosingBy3 Starter

Washington
    Moolah:
    $1,801
    This one never gets old, but I'm sure if it does, he could afford the fine. :p
  4. Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,014
    didn't even know it was you that posted this..

this is what happens when people change ****
    The Hammer high fives this.
  5. ImATitan Starter

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,973
    Goddell is doing exactly what he sought out to do - player safety wise (concussions down from a year ago), but stuff like this is taking it too far.
  6. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,227
    IDK, it only takes one guy to get killed what the goal post comes down then people will be freaking out saying: "How could you let this happen?"
  7. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $53,158
    It would be great if teams got together and everyone agreed to do a dunk every single TD.

Then the 15 yard penalties keep kickoff returns in play every time as well.

Goodell would be furious.

Would be awesome... obviously not going to happen, but I wish it would. If it did happen Goodell would just start fining the players $1mil per dunk and send the money to a charity of his choice aka his pocket.
  8. Msut10 Special Teams Standout

Wright
    Moolah:
    $1,355
    Lol thats all Jimmy Graham knows how to do when he scores!
  9. CalgaryTitansFan Starter

George 2
    Moolah:
    $1,911
    This is absolutely awesome! Fixes 2 gay rule changes in one haha.