NFC CHAMP GAME!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Scarecrow, Jan 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

People call incognito a thug, so what's the difference?

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I understand the argument. However that's hard to vilify based on... "I think he probably said this"

How do you know?

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

uhhhh

Incognito has been caught trying to hurt players on the field......thats a pretty big difference.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I just felt like his interview took away from the game. It was a great game and now everyone is talking about this! Selfish imo but that is just me.

5. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Sherman talks a lot of trash on the field and has always been vocal. If you ever watch sounds of the game he's been on their quite a bit running his mouth so his post game interview doesn't surprise me. Was it over board ? Yea but he's been waiting for the right moment to sound off and it couldn't have played out any better for him. Crabtree and Sherman apparently have a history of bad blood plus I'm sure he feels like people don't give him enough credit. He makes a game ending play to send his team to the Super Bowl and they go stick a microphone in his face 30 seconds after. He was a bomb waiting to go off...

6. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

Am I missing something? What does race have to do with anything? Not trying to be a smartass, just not sure what racism has to do with any of this.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

thug is one of those borderline racist terms.

Its hard for me to believe that if Sherman was white that people would be calling him a thug. No one is calling Welker a thug for that cheap shot.

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I'm not a huge fan of people who demand that others worship their greatness. It comes off extremely insecure and egotistical. For all of Sherman's success it seems to me that he doesn't have people around him who can help him with his obvious psychological issues. I know he has a degree from Stanford in his back pocket but I worry for his life when the game is done with him. No matter how great someone is their time eventually comes and on your way down you see all those people you pushed aside on your way up and when you need them, they'll remember how you treated them. To me Sherman is the T.O. of corners. Not a bad team mate, never gets in legal trouble, but his insecurities make him behave like the self-centered jerk many of us see. His great talent allows him to get away with things few other could but as I said everyone's time comes sooner or later, glad to see he's enjoying the ride.

9. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

gotcha. I don't view it as a racist term. It was a dumb move on Shermans part. He was much more composed in his later interview. Hes not a "thug", but if that interview was all someone had to go on, then he did not make a very good impression.

10. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Thug is a code word for black person who I don't approve of. Every black athlete accused of any crime, no matter how petty has been called a thug. The fact that people deny this is crazy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar